Joyce Conder Helms
July 27, 1932 – March 5, 2018
On Monday, March 5, 2018, Joyce Conder Helms, age 85, of Charlotte, peacefully entered her eternal rest. She was born July 27,1932, to the late Ina Hargett and Thomas Lonnie Conder. She was predeceased by her life-long sweetheart and husband, Robert Wesley Helms. Joyce was also predeceased by her brothers Jim, Carson, Ted, and Pete Conder as well as her sisters Chloie Conder Littlejohn, and Ethel Conder Collins.
She is a graduate of Tech High School. Joyce was a member of University City United Methodist Church and The Wesley Fellowship Sunday School Class. She was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, aunt, and friend. She was lady of strong faith and a blessing to everyone who was fortunate enough to have her touch their life.
Joyce is survived by her daughter Diane Helms Johnson (David), of Monroe, grandsons Seth Johnson (Aly) of Napa, California, Jake Johnson (Stephanie) of Monroe, and great-grandchildren, Laila Johnson, Mila and Aloysius Johnson. Joyce is also survived by her brother, Bob Conder, her sister, Bibbie Wentz, and many nieces and nephews.
A service to celebrate her life will be held Thursday, March 8, at 2:00, University City Methodist Church. The family will receive friends from 1:00-2:00 prior to the service and burial will be at Sharon Memorial Park immediately following the service. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to The American Cancer Society, 6000 Fairview Road, Charlotte, North Carolina 28210 or University City United Methodist Church, 3835 W.T Harris Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina 28269. Wilson Funeral and Cremation Service is serving the family.
Online condolences may be made at www.wilsonfuneralservices.com.
- Ina Odessa Conder, Mother
- Thomas Lonnie Conder, Father
- Robert Wesley Helms, Husband
- Diane Johnson, Daughter
- David Johnson, Son-in-law
- Seth Johnson, Grandson
- Aly Johnson, Granddaughter
- Jake Johnson, Grandson
- Stephanie Johnson, Granddaughter
- Laila Johnson, Great Granddaughter
- Mila Johnson, Great Granddaughter
- Aloysius Johnson, Great Grandson
- Bibbie Wentz, Sister
- Bob Conder, Brother
- Joyce was predeceased by her brothers Jim, Carson, Ted, and Pete Conder as well as her sisters Chloie Conder Littlejohn, and Ethel Conder Collins.
- Visitation Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Committal Service Thursday, March 8, 2018
Joyce Conder Helms
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY