Nancy Lee Coats
February 3, 1931 – August 18, 2018
Nancy L. Coats, 87, passed away Saturday, August 18, 2018 at her daughter’s home in Lancaster, SC.
Born February 3, 1931 in Belmont, NC, she was a daughter of the late Troy and Beatrice Lewis.
A Christian by faith, Nancy graduated from Harding High School and was very active in the Harding High School Alumni Association.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Wilbert Alonzo “Bill” Coats; step-daughter, Patricia Dempsey; sister, Peggy Dunton; and special niece and nephew, Kay Dunton and Pete Dunton.
Survivors include her children, Lori Coats and her companion, Peter Moreno of Lancaster, SC and Adam Coats and his wife, Carrie of Kannapolis, NC; 5 grandchildren, Tony Coats, Paul Coats, Faith Hunt, Kaycee Hunt and Brendon Coats; 2 great grandchildren, Troy Coats and Natalie Coats along with her nieces and nephews, Janet Oliver, Linda Young, Pat Dunton and Robbie Dunton.
Memorial services are planned for 1:00 pm Sunday Sept. 2, 2018 at Wilson Funeral & Cremation Service, 5301 Albemarle Rd., Charlotte, NC 28212 with her nephew, Pat Dunton officiating. Friends may visit with the family from 12 to 1 pm. Burial will take place in Evergreen Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at wilsonfuneralservices.com
- Lori Coats, Daughter
- Peter Moreno, Son-in-law
- Adam Coats, Son
- Carrie Coats, Daughter-in-law
- Wilbert Alonzo Bill Coats, Husband
- Troy Lewis, Father
- Beatrice Lewis, Mother
- Peggy Dunton, Sister
- Patricia Dempsey, Step-Daughter
- Mrs. Coats also leaves behind to cherish her memory 5 grandchildren, Tony Coats, Paul Coats, Faith Hunt, Kaycee Hunt and Brendon Coats; 2 great grandchildren, Troy Coats and Natalie Coats along with her nieces and nephews, Janet Oliver, Linda Young, Pat Dunton and Robbie Dunton.
- Visitation Sunday, September 2, 2018
- Memorial Service Sunday, September 2, 2018
- Committal & Burial of Urn Sunday, September 2, 2018
Nancy Lee Coats
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 22, 2018
I have fond memories of spending time with the Coats family. In the 38 years I have been friends with her daughter Lori, I can say Mrs. Nancy Coats was one of the nicest people I have ever met. I am grateful to have known her. Deepest Sympathies to all of her family and friends.