January 22, 1951 – April 28, 2021
DONALD “DONNIE” CHARLES COCHRAN
MIDDLESEX, NORTH CAROLINA – Donnie Cochran, age 70, passed away on Wednesday, April, 28 2021 under Hospice care at his residence.
A memorial service to celebrate his life will be held at 7:00 PM, May 6, 2021 in the chapel of McLaurin Funeral Home in Clayton, North Carolina with the Reverend David Sutphin officiating.
Donnie was born on January 22, 1951 in Fort Knox, Kentucky to Maxine Mays Cochran Stapleton and the late Charles Cochran. He was a Veteran of the U.S. Army and a retired carpenter. Donnie enjoyed spending time with family and friends and listening to bluegrass music.
In addition to his father, he was preceded in death by his wife of over thirty years, Betty Stidham Cochran in February of this year.
In addition to his mother, he is survived by a son, Jason Cochran; four-step daughters, Twana Seibert, Kimberly Gayden, Lisa Marie Maier and Shawna Maier Ouzts; daughter-in-law, Kammy Ricker; son-in-laws, Bert Ouzts and Paul Seibert; grandchildren, Erica Strickland, Robin Wheeler, Madison Ricker and Logan Ouzts; great grandchildren, Savannah Strickland, Cole Carpenter, Rexton Wheeler and Ryatt Wheeler; brothers Joe Cochran and Rob Cochran.
The family would like to express their appreciation and gratitude to Vicki Hendricks, Logan Whitley and Scott Creech for the care and friendship they gave to Donnie.
On line condolences may be made to the family at www.mclaurinatpinecrest.com.
Memorial contributions may be made in Donnie’s memory to: NC Food Bank, 1924 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, NC 27604 or www.foodbankcenc.org.
McLaurin Funeral Home is honored to be assisting the Cochran family.
- Maxine Mays Cochran Stapleton, Mother
- Jason Cochran, Son
- Twana Seibert, Step Daughter
- Kimberly Gayden, Step Daughter
- Lisa Marie Maier, Step Daughter
- Shawna Maier Ouzts, Step Daughter
- Kammy Ricker, Daughter-in-law
- Bert Ouzts, Son-in-law
- Paul Seibert, Son-in-law
- Erica Strickland, Grandchild
- Robin Wheeler, Grandchild
- Madison Ricker, Granchild
- Logan Ouzts, Granchild
- Savannah Strickland, Great Grandchild
- Cole Carpenter, Great Grandchild
- Rexton Wheeler, Great Grandchild
- Ryatt Wheeler, Great Grandchild
- Joe Cochran, Brother
- Rob Cochran, Brother
- Charles Cochran, Father (deceased)
- Betty Stidham Cochran, Wife (deceased)
Thursday, May 6, 2021
May 3, 2021
So sorry for your loss...
Hold to the Lord, Who is able to meet you where you are.