Kenneth Lee Strickland
November 21, 1926 – January 9, 2020
Mr. Kenneth Lee Strickland, 93, died on January 9, 2020. He was the fifteenth child of the late Bennett Perry Strickland and Geneva Breedlove Strickland. Kenneth was preceded in death by all fourteen of his siblings; his wife, Marilyn Strickland; daughter, Sandra Turner; son, Kenneth E. Strickland; granddaughter, Crystal Jones Wall and a great-great granddaughter, Elora Wall.
Funeral service will be held in the chapel of McLaurin Funeral Home on Sunday, January 12 at 3:00 pm with Rev. Curtis Jones officiating. Interment will follow at Pinecrest Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 1:30 to 2:30.
Mr. Strickland is survived by three daughters, Kathy Whitt and husband, Barry; Wanda Markuson; Alice Jones and husband, Curtis; grandchildren, Lori Edwards, Stephanie Williams, Justin Whitt, Lee Privette, Matthew Privette, Burr Jones, Kevin Strickland, Kenny Strickland, Will Strickland and Rudy Turner III; great grandchildren, Greyson Privette, Colin Jones, Emily Jones, Davis, Dylan and Dawson Edwards, Kayla Niedwick, Daniel Cowan, Alex and Gage Strickland and Kendra Strickland; six great-great grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Amedisys Home Health Services, 120 Providence Rd., Suite 200, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Online condolences may be made to the Strickland family at www.mclaurlinatpinecrest.com. Arrangements are with McLaurin Funeral Home, Clayton.
- Kathy Whitt (Barry Whitt), Daughter
- Wanda Markuson, Daughter
- Alice Jones (Curtis Jones), Daughter
- Lori Edwards, Grandchild
- Stephanie Williams, Grandchild
- Justin Whitt, Grandchild
- Lee Privette, Grandchild
- Matthew Privette, Grandchild
- Burr Jones, Grandchild
- Kevin Strickland, Grandchild
- Kenny Strickland, Grandchild
- Will Strickland, Grandchild
- Rudy Turner, III, Grandchild
- Marilyn Strickland, Wife (deceased)
- Sandra Strickland Turner, Daughter (deceased)
- Kenneth Earl "Peedink" Strickland, Son (deceased)
- Crystal Jones Wall, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Elora Wall, Great Great Granddaughter (deceased)
- Mr. Strickland also leaves to cherish his memory, elevengreat grandchildren and six great-great grandchildren.
- Lee Privette
- Burr Jones
- Colin Jones
- Justin Whitt
- Davis Edwards
- Dylan Edwards
- Visitation Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Funeral Service Sunday, January 12, 2020
Kenneth Lee Strickland
January 14, 2020
He always said “Your a good man and there isn’t many of us left” we’ll Strick, you are right. We’re are all going to miss you.
January 12, 2020
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. You all have such a loving family and your dad was so lucky to have you. He loved his family so much. All this love is what makes it easy to let him go be with the Lord. Celebrating and being with his loved ones that have gone on.
January 11, 2020
I remember him and his daily visits to the Bryan Center to be with his wife. He was so loving and caring. He had such a great outlook on life. Enjoyed sitting and talking with him and seeing his unwavering devotion