January 16, 1956 – September 10, 2018
Michael “Mike” Ray Hollifield, 62, passed away suddenly on Monday, September 10, 2018. A North Carolina native, he was son to the late Carl Richard and Mary Ann Pendergraft Hollifield. A graduate of Garner High School, Mike worked for Dorothea Dix hospital ground maintenance until he retired. He loved motorcycles, country music, racing RC cars and gardening. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Patricia G. Hollifield and a son, Tommy Poole.
He is survived by his daughters; Tammy Taylor of Goldsboro and Pamela Sandy of Raleigh , brothers; Carl R. Hollifield, Jr. (Brenda) of Knightdale, Ronald Lee Hollifield of Raleigh, sister; Sandra Faye Hollifield of Raleigh, grandchildren; Autumn, Arizona, Luanne, Ricky, and 4 great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2:00pm in the chapel of McLaurin Funeral Home. The family will receive friends on Thursday one hour prior to the service from 1 until 2:00pm at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made to the Hollifield family at www.mclaurinatpinecrest.com. Arrangements are with McLaurin Funeral Home, Clayton.
- Sandra Faye Hollifield, Sister
- Carl R. Hollifield, Jr. and wife Brenda, Brother
- Ronald Lee Hollifield, Brother
- Tammy LuAnne Taylor, Daughter
- Pamela Sue Sandy, Daughter
- Patricia G. Hollifield, Wife
- Tommy Poole, Son
- Carl Richard Hollifield, Father
- Mary Ann Pendergraft Hollifield, Mother
- Mr. Hollifield also leaves five grandchildren and three great grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Funeral Service Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, September 20, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
September 16, 2018
Love and miss you brother!!! My heart is heavy but I rejoice in knowing you and Pat are together. You will never be forgotten.