Toni Crosby Spencer
September 16, 1958 – January 4, 2020
Toni Renee Crosby Spencer a devoted wife, mother, and long-time resident of Angier NC died unexpectedly on January 4, 2020 at the age of 61. at home. Toni is survived by her husband Douglas (Doug) Spencer; her children Brandon and Derrick Spencer; Miyoshi Sims; two grandsons, Tre'Sean and Shaquille ; her granddaughter, D’Ziyah ; her siblings Almedia Crosby Cruz; Valaree Crosby Crawford (Robert); Bruce Crosby (Peggy); Keith Crosby; Alice Crosby Owen (William); Earl Crosby (Charlotte); Kent Crosby (Patricia); and a host of cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends. She is predeceased by her father, Earl Crosby; her mother, Alice Crosby; and two brothers Finis and Kevin Crosby. Toni was born in Boston, MA to Earl and Alice Crosby and was the 8th of ten children. She migrated to Cary NC in 1977 where she met the love of her life, Doug Spencer. They were married in November 1983. Her occupation was a Mixologist/Manager. Toni’s passion was music, all genres, and being around family and friends. She was beautiful, vivacious, smart, a “quick study” who loved learning, and often successfully challenged herself to academic games such as Jeopardy. Toni enjoyed photography, beach life and reading. Her favorite Arthur was Maya Angelou. Toni was an advocate/activist. She enjoyed giving and had a way of making others feel special. She will be deeply missed by her family, life long friends Janice Jessup, Lorraine Herring and Michele Wallace, and all who knew her.
My Journey’s Just Begun Don’t think of me as gone away My journey’s just begun, life holds so many facets this earth is only one.
Just think of me as resting from the sorrows and the tears in a place of warmth and comfort where there are no days and years
Think how I must be wishing that we could know today that the sadness we are feeling will soon pass away.
And think of me as living in the hearts of those I touched… for nothing loved is ever lost and I was loved so much
She will be deeply missed and loved
- Douglas Spencer, Husband
- Brandon Spencer, Son
- Derrick Spencer, Son
- Miyoshi Sims, Daughter
- Almedia Crosby Cruz, Sister
- Valaree Crosby Crawford (Robert), Sister
- Bruce Crosby (Peggy), Brother
- Keith Crosby, Brother
- Alice Crosby Owen (William), Sister
- Earl Crosby (Charlotte), Brother
- Kent Crosby (Patricia), Brother
- Tre'Sean, Grandson
- Shaquille, Grandson
- D'Ziyah, Granddaughter
- Earl Crosby, Father (deceased)
- Alice Crosby, Mother (deceased)
- Finis Crosby, Brother (deceased)
- Kevin Crosby, Brother (deceased)
- Mrs. Spencer also leaves to cherish her memory a host of cousins, nieces, nephews and friends, including, Janice Jessup, Lorraine Herring and Michele Wallace.
- Visitation Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Funeral Service Monday, January 13, 2020