Katherine "Polly" Canter Hendrix
August 8, 1930 – March 27, 2018
Katherine “Polly” Canter Hendrix, age 87, passed away on March 27, 2018. She was born in Davie County on August 8, 1930 to William Franklin Canter and Jennie McDaniel Canter. Polly was a former member of Faith Baptist Church and attended Bethel Baptist Church as long as her health allowed. Polly was preceded in death by her husband, Garland Vestal Hendrix, parents, and six siblings. She leaves behind her daughter, Deborah “Gail” Peak (Chris); granddaughter, Ashley Nicole Peak; great grandchildren, Kelsey Davis and Bentley Moxley; sister, Rebecca “Tootsie” Holtmeyer; and many nieces and nephews. The visitation will be Thursday, March 29th from 6pm to 8pm at Frank Vogler & Sons Funeral Home Clemmons Chapel, 2849 Middlebrook Dr. A graveside service will be Friday at 2pm at Oaklawn Memorial Gardens, 3250 High Point Road, with Pastor Brian Sink officiating. Memorial contributions can be made to Mountain Valley Hospice, 401 Technology Lane, Suite 200, Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030.
- Deborah "Gail" (Chris) Peak, Daughter
- Ashley Nicole Peak, Granddaughter
- Kelsey Davis, Great Grandchild
- Bentley Moxley, Great Grandchild
- Rebecca "Tootsie" Holtmeyer, Sister
- Polly also leaves behind many nieces and nephews.
Mountain Valley Hospice
401 Technology Lane Suite 200 , Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030
- Visitation Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Graveside Service Friday, March 30, 2018