Virgil P. Toma
December 10, 1920 – August 19, 2019
Virgil "Lefty" Toma, passed away on August 19, 2019, at the age of 98 years. A native of Cleveland, Virgil attended Western Reserve University and graduated with a degree in Pharmacy in 1943. Virgil was enlisted in the United States Army, 1943-1945 and served as the Medical Staff Sergeant in Surgery and Pharmacy in the South Pacific (Philippines and Japan). Virgil was the recipient of three Bronze Stars for meritorious valor. After WWII, Virgil began as a pharmacist for Old Marshall Drug Company and Gray Drug/Sherwin William Company. Virgil retired as a pharmacist at age of 65. Virgil served on the boards/committees of numerous organizations including Society for the Deaf, and St. Mary’s Romanian Orthodox Church. He was a long time member of West Shore Pharmaceutical Association, George Enescu Choir and Senior Clubs in Cleveland, Fairview Park, Medina and Brunswick. Virgil was the dearly beloved husband of Florence "Flo" (deceased). Devoted and beloved father of John (Alice) and Deborah (Michael) Koll. Wonderful grandfather of Joshua (Marissa), Kyle, Ashley, Christopher, Elijah (Gina), Jennifer(Tom), and dearest great grandfather of Samuel, Savannah, Alina, Felicia, Ava, Gianna, Elyssa, Grayson, Mason and Madison. Visitation Monday, August 26, 2019, from 9 -10am at St. Mary Romanian Orthodox Cathedral 3256 Warren Rd. Cleveland Ohio 44111. Where Funeral Service will begin at 10 am Monday. Rev. Dr. Remus Grama officiating. Interment Sunset Memorial Park. Family Suggests contributions be made in Virgil's memory to St. Mary Romanian Orthodox Cathedral.
- Florence "Flo" Toma, Beloved wife (deceased)
- John (Alice), Beloved son
- Deborah (Michael) Koll, Beloved daughter
- Wonderful grandfather of Joshua (Marissa), Kyle, Ashley, Christopher, Elijah (Gina), Jennifer(Tom), and dearest great grandfather of Samuel, Savannah, Alina, Felicia, Ava, Gianna, Elyssa, Grayson, Mason and Madison.
- Visitation at Church prior to Service Monday, August 26, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, August 26, 2019