March 23, 1932 – May 10, 2019
Joyce Cunningham, 87, of Clinton Twp, MI, passed away on May 10, 2019. Beloved wife of 64 years of William Joseph Cunningham. Mother of James M. (Mel) Rockefeller, Michel Shawna, Marilee Bowles-Carey, Diane Renaud, and William Clay Cunningham. Grandmother of William Bryant, Lauren, James Michael, Jason, Terin, Jordan, Frank, Katherine, Evan, Camille, and Sophie. Great-grandmother of Will, Henry, Alta, Billy, Coston James, Claire, Kate, and Jake. Beloved daughter of the late Thomas Allen Romans and the late Bertha Hager Romans. Twin sister of Joan O’Neal, elder sister of Juanita Spitzock and Phyllis Bailey.
Memorial visitation Monday, May 20, 2019, from 12:00 until 2:00 pm with a funeral service at 2:00 pm at Resurrection Funeral Home, 40800 Hayes Rd., Clinton Township, MI 48038.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Clinton Township Area Optimist Club. Online condolences and memories may be shared at www.resurrectionfuneralhome.com
- William Joseph Cunningham, Husband
- James M. (Mel) Rockefeller, Son
- Michel Shawna, Daughter
- Marilee Bowles-Carey, Daughter
- Diane Renaud, Daughter
- William Clay Cunningham, Son
- Grandmother of William Bryant, Lauren, James Michael, Jason, Terin, Jordan, Frank, Katherine, Evan, Camille, and Sophie. Great-grandmother of Will, Henry, Alta, Billy, Coston James, Claire, Kate, and Jake. Beloved daughter of the late Thomas Allen Romans and the late Bertha Hager Romans. Twin sister of Joan O’Neal, elder sister of Juanita Spitzock and Phyllis Bailey.
- Memorial Visitation Monday, May 20, 2019
- Memorial Service Monday, May 20, 2019
May 16, 2019
Dear Mr. C, Please accept our deepest sympathy on the loss of Your Joyce, and Mel, Michele, Marilee, Diane, and Clay, on the loss of Your Mom. We cherish her memory and the joy she brought to our lives. Family is more than just who we're related to...Joyce is like a Mom to all of my siblings and me, especially after our Mom died. Thank you so very kindly for sharing her with us. We were two families that grew old together, next door neighbors in St. Clair Shores, and neighbors in Clinton Township. Joyce was also a Grandmother to my Grandmotherless Daughter.
Just want to say thanks for being there Joyce to laugh with and to lean on, for loving us like your own. You listened, You loved, and You were there for us. Someone who's played such an important part in our lives. When we think of all the ways you've given your time, listened and cared, we realize just how fortunate and blessed we've been to have someone like you in our lives. Thank you for being there and for giving us so many reasons to care about you, too. Love You more than you will ever know. Linda and Paul Lukasiewicz and Hannah Minjeur.