March 7, 1922 – November 21, 2021
Maxine Agnes Hafeli, age 99, of Clinton Township, formerly of Detroit, died peacefully on November 21, 2021, at Clinton Creek Assisted Living Center in Clinton Township. Maxine was born March 7, 1922, in Detroit, Michigan, the daughter of the late Joseph Lukasiewicz and the late Agnes (nee: Konczal) Lukasiewicz. She was the beloved wife of 65 years to Edward Hafeli, who died January 14, 2007. Loving mother of Edward Dennis (Dawn), Alan (Joanne), Donna (Jeremiah) Trombly, Kenneth (Josie), and Marcia (Robert) Hart. Proud grandmother of Scott (Aimee), Melissa (Manish) Goradia, Brandon (Michele), Darrin (Amy), Mark Trombly, Jason (Lacey) Trombly, Tara (Keegan) Marshall, Katie (Jason) Cole, Amy Britt (the late Keith), Andrew (Laura) (the late Jennifer), and Greg Hart. Cherished great grandmother of Sam, Emily, Ashley, Adam, Megan, Morgan, Ian, Jayden, Avery, Elliott, Oliver, David, Matthew, Abigail, William, Keira, Ellie, and Aleiah. Loving sister of Aurelia, Phyllis, and the late Emerence, Joseph, and Celine.
Maxine’s life was devoted to her husband and family and also her Catholic faith. She never forgot any family birthdays or anniversaries, and she and Ed seldom missed any games or activities in which their children and later their grandchildren were participants. In a Michigan Catholic feature article, Maxine was referred to as “The Queen of Our Lady Queen of Heaven,” the Detroit parish to which the couple belonged and served faithfully for three quarters of a century.
Mrs. Hafeli will lie in state from 11:30 am until the time of the Funeral Mass at 12 noon on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at St. Paul of Tarsus Catholic Church, 41300 Romeo Plank Road (at Canal Road), Clinton Township, MI 48038. Celebrating the Funeral Mass will be Rev. Jerome Slowinski. The Committal Service will take place following the funeral at Resurrection Cemetery, 18201 Clinton River Rd. Because of COVID, a funeral luncheon will be held at a later date.
Memorial donations are appreciated to the Solanus Casey Center/Capuchins or to a charity of your choice.
Share memories of Maxine at the Resurrection Funeral Home guest book.
Show your support
- the late Joseph & Agnes (nee Konczal) Lukasiewicz Parents
- the late Edward Hafeli Husband
- Edward Dennis (Dawn) Hafeli Son
- Alan (Joanne) Hafeli Son
- Donna (Jeremiah) Trombly Daughter
- Kenneth (Josie) Hafeli Son
- Marcia (Robert) Hart Daughter
- Scott (Aimee), Melissa (Manish) Goradia, Brandon (Michele), Darrin (Amy), Mark Trombly, Jason (Lacey) Trombly, Tara (Keegan) Marshall, Katie (Jason) Cole, Amy Britt (the late Keith), Andrew (Laura) (the late Jennifer), & Greg Hart Grandchildren
- Sam, Emily, Ashley, Adam, Megan, Morgan, Ian, Jayden, Avery, Elliott, Oliver, David, Matthew, Abigail, William, Keira, Ellie & Aleiah Great Grandchildren
- Aurelia, Phyllis, & the late Emerence, Joseph, & Celine Siblings
- Solanus Casey Center
In Memory Of
Help tell the story of your loved one’s unique life. Leave a memory or share a photo below to show your support.