Wallace Sherlock Witham
February 16, 1928 – May 25, 2019
Wallace Sherlock Witham, age 91, of Collierville, Tennessee passed away on Saturday May 25, 2019 at his home. Wallace was born February 16, 1928 in Atoka, TN to the late Chester Chalmer and Mary Etta Hastings Witham.
Mr. Witham was owner and operator of Witham Plumbing for many years and was a member of St. Patrick's Presbyterian Church in Collierville. Wallace proudly served in the U. S. Army and received the World War II Victory Medal.
Along with his parents he was preceded in death by his wife; Frankie Virginia Holt Witham, who died July 25, 2008. He is survived by four daughters; Sharon Willis, Susan Juengling, Lori Norman, Jonnie Ragland, two sons; Wally Witham (Phearaby), Richard Witham (Katie), a sister; Mary Katherine Smith, a brother; Howard Witham, eight grandchildren; Donald and Mathew Juengling, Taven Willis, Hallie Fransioli, Katie Hardin, Anna Fryman, Laura Watkins and Taylor Smith, and six great grandchildren; Madison, Dylan, Stella, Aviana, Cody and John Lucas.
A visitation for Wallace will be held Thursday, May 30, 2019 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Collierville Funeral Home, 534 West Poplar, Collierville, TN 38017. A committal service will occur Friday, May 31, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 11:20 AM at West TN State Veterans Cemetery, 4000 Forest Hill - Irene Rd., Memphis, TN 38125.
- Sharon Willis, Daughter
- Susan Juengling, Daughter
- Lori Norman, Daughter
- Jonnie Ragland, Daughter
- Wally Witham (Phearaby), Son
- Richard Witham (Katie), Son
- Mary Katherine Smith, Sister
- Howard Witham, Brother
- Donald Juengling, Grandchild
- Mathew Juengling, Grandchild
- Taven Willis, Grandchild
- Hallie Fransioli, Grandchild
- Katie Hardin, Grandchild
- Anna Fryman, Grandchild
- Laura Watkins, Grandchild
- Taylor Smith, Grandchild
- Madison, Dylan, Stella, Aviana, Cody and John Lucas, Great Grandchildren
- Along with his parents, Chester Chalmer and Mary Etta Hastings Witham, he was preceded in death by his wife; Frankie Virginia Holt Witham, who died July 25, 2008.
- Visitation Thursday, May 30, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, May 31, 2019
Wallace Sherlock Witham
May 29, 2019
My most precious father . He was always there for us hI will mis him so much Knowing he is with Jesus and mommy comfort me
Janet Cunningham Jones
May 28, 2019
Those of us here in Ashland that had the privilege of knowing Wallace, known as "Brother"....he will be missed. A large man in statue, big heart and a personality even bigger. You couldn't help but have a special place in your heart for him. We'll miss you Brother.