January 4, 1931 – January 5, 2020
Genevieve Alire, surrounded by her loving family, went home to be with Jesus at the age of 89 on January 5, 2020.
Genevieve enjoyed working on puzzles, gardening and occasional trips to Cripple Creek. She loved being around her family and was best known for cooking her homemade tortillas, green chili and biscochitos.
Genevieve was married for 63 years to her late husband Jesse and they had 6 children. Genevieve is survived by her 6 children: Geneva, Jesse, Christine, Arlene, Albert, Margaret, and 15 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild, who brought her immense joy!
Genevieve is preceded in passing by her husband, Jesse E. Alire; granddaughter, Nina Alire; great-grandson, Jordan Hendrickson; great-granddaughter, Lilie Leal and grandson, Daniel Alire.
There will be a rosary service at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday evening, January 16, 2020 at Memorial Gardens Funeral Home, 3825 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO. The mass will be held on Friday, January 17, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at Corpus Christi Church, 2318 N Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs. Reception to follow immediately in the Corpus Christi hall. Burial services will be held at 2:00 p.m. at Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
Mom, we love you and miss you so much!
- Geneva Lammert, Daughter
- Jesse Alire, Son
- Christine Archibald, Daughter
- Arlene Alire, Daughter
- Albert Alire, Son
- Margaret Hunter, Daughter
- Jesse E. Alire, Husband (deceased)
- Nina Alire, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Jordan Hendrickson, Great Grandson (deceased)
- Lilie Leal, Great Granddaughter (deceased)
- Daniel Alire, Grandson (deceased)
- Genevieve is also survived by 15 grandchildren,17 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
- A.J. Fosdick
- Aaron Alire
- Daric Garcia
- Alex Archibald
- Dylan Ecker
- Richard Alire
- Visitation Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Rosary Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Visitation Friday, January 17, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, January 17, 2020
- Commital Service Friday, January 17, 2020