Jeanne Theresa Humphries
January 31, 1934 – May 21, 2019
Jeanne T. Humphries, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, passed away peacefully on May 21, 2019, at home in Colorado Springs, Colorado. She was born January 31, 1934 to Fred and Mary Schroeder in Grinnell Kansas. She was the youngest of 10 Children.
Jeanne graduated from Otis High School in 1952. She worked in a bank in Denver and then went to Washington DC and worked for the FBI. After a time she got homesick and came back to Denver. While at a dance at Fitz Simmons Army Base in Colorado, she met the love of her life Charles Humphries. They Married May 15, 1957 and started a family.
A devout Catholic, God and family were extremely important to her.
She is preceded in death by her parents Fred and Mary Schroeder, siblings, Mildred Scott, Reba Struckhoff, Elsie Hoover, Verna George, Maurice Schroeder, Norma Jones, Merle Schroeder, Virgil Schroeder, Leo Schroeder, son, Bart Humphries and daughter in law Teri Humphries.
She leaves behind to cherish her memory devoted husband Charles Humphries, loving children, Tom Humphries, Brad and Sharon Humphries, Theresa and Mark Bowen, Craig Humphries, Paul and (Rianna Willis) Humphries, grandchildren, Daniel Durbin, Jeffrey and Crystal Humphries, Reachel and Justin Morgan, Michelle Humphries, Jeremy and Amber Humphries, Heather and Justin Bergland, and Nathaniel Durbin and Caitlin Humphries,10 great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Arrangements are as follows: May 24, 2019 Chapel of Memories 829 S. Hancock Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Visitation will be at 10:00, followed by the Rosary and Service at 11:00 and Burial at 2:30 at Memorial Gardens/Dignity Memorial, 3825 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910
- Fred Schroeder, Father
- Mary Schroeder, Mother
- Charles Humphries, Husband
- Bart Humphries, Son
- Teri Humphries, Daughter-in-law
- Brad (Sharon) Humphries, Son
- Theresa (Mark) Bowen, Daughter
- Craig Humphries, Son
- Paul (Rianna Willis) Humphries, Son
- Tom Humphries, Son
- Jeanne is also survived by her grandchildren Daniel Durbin, Jeffrey and Crystal Humphries, Reachel and Justin Morgan, Michelle Humphries, Jeremy and Amber Humphries, Heather and Justin Bergland, and Nathaniel Durbin and Caitlin Humphries,10 great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Friday, May 24, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, May 24, 2019
- Graveside Service Friday, May 24, 2019