Learlene JAMES -ANDERSON
February 7, 1946 – June 3, 2019
In Loving Memory
Learlene "Honeybuns" James Anderson was born on February 7, 1946 in Mount Holly Arkansas to the parents of Ed and Elzie Crawford. She is preceded in death by her parents and brothers Bennie and Eddie Gene Crawford. She is survived by her daughter Kimberly James and a son Arcenia James and his wife Charis, sisters: Earlene Watts, Ruth Allen, twin sister Pauline Crawford, cousin/honorary brother Curlie Alexander. She is also survived by numerous nieces, nephews and other extended family members.
She married Ocenia James and had two children Arcenia and Kimberly. She moved to Richardson TX and worked many years as a manager for an electrical components company where she met and married Ivy Anderson. She decided to move back to Colorado Springs to be near her children. She worked at a medical supply company before retiring. Retiring was one of the best times of her life. Learlene loved her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and studying God's word. She was a member of St. John Baptist church under reverends Milton E. Proby and Willie J. Sutton, Jr. She was a valued member within the church and served in many roles including but not limited to secretary, treasurer, choir member, steward, and Sunday school teacher in which she excelled.
Learlene loved her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She loved music, cooking, traveling and going out to eat. She faced adversity with unwavering faith and a happy spirit. Learlene constantly smiled, shared her laughter, and embraced those who were fortunate enough to spend time with her. She loved deeply and was deeply loved. She will be dearly missed by all who were blessed to know and love her.
- Kim James, Daughter
- Arcenia James, Son
- Charis James, Daughter-in-law
- Earlene Watts, Sister
- Ruth Allen, Sister
- Pauline (Her Twin) Crawford, Sister
- Curlie (Honorary Brother) Alexander, Cousin
- Ed Crawford, Father
- Elzie Crawford, Mother
- Bennie Crawford, Brother
- Eddie Gene Crawford, Brother
- Learlene leaves to cherish her memory a host of nieces, nephews, other extended family members, and her loving church family of The Original St. John Baptist Church.
- Arcenia James, Pallbearer
- Carlton Broughton, Pallbearer
- Craig Broughton, Pallbearer
- Robert Johnson, Pallbearer
- Ervin McCarty, Pallbearer
- David Wider, Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Home Going Celebration Wednesday, June 12, 2019