Memorial Gardens Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens Cemetery
3825 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO
Willie Jean Latson
January 23, 1941 – June 17, 2019
Willie Jean (White) Latson, age 78 of Colorado Springs, passed away on June 17, 2019. She was born in Marlin, Texas on January 23, 1941 to Elisha and Johnnie (Simpson) White. Willie was married to Leve Latson in Edison, Georgia on December 13, 1960.
She was a nurse and a partner with her husband in business for over forty-four years in L& L Disposal Company. Her passion was gardening, until health issues forced her to stop. Willie was a devoted member of St. John's Baptist Church.
Willie is a mother to Janet Latson, Brenda Latson, Leve Latson Jr. and Jimmy Latson, all of Colorado Springs, Colorado . She is a grandmother to Athena Latson of Colorado Springs and great grandmother to Joseph Latson also of Colorado Springs, and a aunt and great aunt to a whole host of nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews all of whom she is survived by.
She is preceded in passing by her husband Leve Sr., sister Margie Dread and her brothers Roy and James Otto Simpson.
A viewing will be held Wednesday, June 26th at Memorial Gardens, 3825 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. The funeral service will be held Thursday, June 27th at St. John's Baptist Church, 902 Prospect St., Colorado Springs at 1:00 p.m.. Graveside ceremony at Memorial Gardens following funeral and repass at St. John's Baptist Church.
- Janet Latson, Daughter
- Brenda Latson, Daughter
- Leve Latson Jr., Son
- Jimmy Latson, Son
- Athena Latson, Granddaughter
- Joseph Latson, Great Grandson
- Leve Latson Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Margie Dread, Sister (deceased)
- Roy Simpson, Brother (deceased)
- James Ottto Simpson, Brother (deceased)
- Willie is also survived by a whole host of nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews.
- Raymond Jones Jr.
- Raymond Jones Sr.
- Raymond Jones III
- Darrell Jones
- Timothy White
- Byron Siddell
- Visitation Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Graveside Committal Service Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Repass Thursday, June 27, 2019