Gene Austin Pigott Sr.
July 30, 1938 – February 20, 2021
Gene Austin Pigott Sr., of Jayess, Mississippi, passed away on Saturday, February 20, 2021, at the age of 82. He was born in Tylertown, Mississippi to OD and Myrtle Pigott and has remained a lifelong resident of Walthall County. Gene enjoyed the outdoors and spent many long, hardworking days farming. While he enjoyed fishing when he was not working, Gene loved the time spent with his family. He will be remembered for his outgoing personality. Gene could talk to anyone, never met a stranger, and was a true friend to many. He was preceded in death by his wife, Bonnie M. Pigott; his parents; and a nephew Craig Morgan. Gene is survived by a daughter, Jeanna (Warren) Terrebonne; a son, Austin (Becky) Pigott; two sisters, Faye Walters and Shirley Curtis; three grandchildren, Jynipher Ryleigh Pigott, Victoria Lacey (Brady) Morgan, and Brittaney Reshae (Robby) Adams; three great-grandchildren, Ian Ray Morgan, Korey Elizabeth Adams, and Georgia Grace Adams; two nieces, Robin (James) Phillips and Beth (Danny) Alford; a nephew, David (Palma) Walters; a host of great nieces and nephews; and numerous other family members and friends. There will be a visitation for Gene at Colonial Funeral Home on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 from 5:00pm until 8:00pm. The funeral service will be at the graveside in Spence Cemetery in Tylertown at 1:00pm on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. Burial will follow the service assisted by Brady Morgan, Robby Adams, Warren Terrebonne, William Durham, William Dunaway, and Jackie Robbins serving as pallbearers. In lieu of flowers, the family prefers memorials be made in Gene’s honor to Asbury Hospice House, 304 S 40th Ave, Hattiesburg, MS 39402.
- OD Pigott, Father (deceased)
- Myrtle Boyd Pigott, Mother (deceased)
- Craig Morgan, Nephew (deceased)
- Bonnie M. Pigott, Wife (deceased)
- Jeanna Terrebonne (Warren), Daughter
- Austin Pigott (Becky), Son
- Faye Walters, Sister
- Shirley Curtis, Sister
- Jynipher Ryleigh Pigott, Grandchild
- Victoria Lacey Morgan (Brady), Grandchild
- Brittaney Reshae Adams (Robby), Grandchild
- Ian Ray Morgan, Great Grandchild
- Korey Elizabeth Adams, Great Grandchild
- Georgia Grace Adams, Great Grandchild
- Robin Phillips (James), Niece
- Beth Alford (Danny), Niece
- David Walters (Palma), Nephew
- A host of great nieces and nephews. Numerous other family members and friends.
- Brady Morgan
- Robby Adams
- Warren Terrebonne
- William Durham
- William Dunaway
- Jackie Robbins
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Gene Austin Pigott Sr.
Ann Fortenberry Langston
February 22, 2021
Shirley and Faye and family of Gene Austin's I just. I just read about your loss and I'm so sorry I didn't know bunny had died but I don't hear anymore but anyway my heart's with you all and you have all my prayers and love he's better off than we are and that should be relief they all together next if the grandchildren and Grace and they'll come