Bertha Mae (Harris) Langbehn
January 27, 1943 – April 12, 2018
- Bertha Mae Harris Langbehn, 75, of Columbus passed away peacefully on Thursday, April 12, 2018 in Navarre, Florida after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mrs. Langbehn was born in Columbus, the daughter of the late Willie Lee Harris and Bunie Lee Miller Harris. She lived most of her life in Columbus, retiring as a payroll manager for Kmart and worked at Publix and as a cafeteria worker for the Muscogee County School District. She was known by family and friends for her humor and wit, her sweet spirit, and her fullness of life and love. She was always the life of the party, a fantastic cook, and she had a love for gardening . Mrs. Langbehn is predeceased by her beloved husband of over 40 years, Gene Allen Langbehn, and her sister Mary Harris Floyd. She is survived by two sons, Keith Allen Langbehn (Carol) of Navarre, Florida and Jeffrey Scott Langbehn; four grandchildren, Jennifer Stone, Lindsay Langbehn, Courtney Hobson (Clay), and Tanner Jernigan; and three great grandchildren Haley Cobb, Hudson Stone, and Crawford Hobson. She is also survived by her brother Harold Harris (Glenda) of Columbus and her sister Dorothy Yoder (Buddy) of Phenix City, AL; as well as five nieces, many great nieces and nephews, and extended family and dear friends who loved and will miss her tremendously.
Funeral services will be held at 3:00 PM Tuesday April 17, 2018 in the chapel at Striffler-Hamby Funeral Home, Macon Road, Columbus, with Reverend Jonathon Pike officiating, with a commital service immediately following at Parkhill Cemetery. Visitation will be Monday evening 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM at the funeral home.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.shcolumbus.com for the Langbehn family.
- Willie Lee Harris, Father
- Bunie Lee Harris, Mother
- Gene Allen Langbehn, Husband
- Keith Allen Langbehn, Son
- Carol Langbehn, Daughter-in-law
- Jeffrey Scott Langbehn, Son
- Jennifer Stone, Granddaughter
- Lindsay Langbehn, Granddaughter
- Courtney Hobson, Granddaughter
- Clay Hobson, Granson-in-Law
- Tanner Jernigan, Grandson
- Haley Cobb, Great Granddaughter
- Hudson Stone, Great Grandson
- Crawford Hobson, Great Grandson
- Mary Harris Floyd, Sister
- Harold Harris, Brother
- Glenda Harris, Sister-in-law
- Dorothy Yoder, Sister
- Buddy Yoder, Brother-in-law
- Bertha is also survived by five nieces, many great nieces and nephews, and extended family and dear friends who loved and will miss her tremendously.
- William Roller
- Tanner Jerniagan
- Barton Morrison
- Gray McDaniel
- Alex Nicholias
- Brent Park
- Visitation of family and friends Monday, April 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Bertha Mae (Harris) Langbehn
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Sheryl Hurst Concepcion
April 18, 2018
I am sorry for the loss of a dear loving friend. I have known Bertha so many years. We worked @ k- mart for many years. I loss a dear friend. Always kind & willing to help people no matter what. May you rest in peace. May God be the Glory.love you Bertha.
April 17, 2018
What time we had going to Al. watching our Jenny in the pageants for days we had a time Loving each other .We was so tried each day but we just got up put on our happy smile.
Yes,I loved her like a mother ,she helped a lot for many years.
Heavenly Father,another rare jewel ,love ,Becky & Curtis Motes
Becky Peters Eldridge
April 16, 2018
Remembering our days at Kmart. So sorry for your loss.
April 15, 2018
IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY AND MEMORIES A LANE. I WOULD WALK RIGHT UP TO HEAVEN AND BRING YOU BACK AGAIN. NO FAREWALLS WORDS WERE SPOKEN, NO TIME TO SAY '' GOODBYE''. YOU WERE GONE BEFORE I KNEW IT, AND ONLY GOD KNOWS WHY. MY HEART STILL ACHES WITH SADNESS AND SECRET TEARS STILL FLOW. WHAT IT MEANT TO LOVE YOU AS A FRIEND, NO ONE CAN EVER KNOW. BUT NOW I KNOW YOU WANT ME TO MOURN FOR YOU NO MORE; TO REMEMBER ALL THE HAPPY TIMES. LIFE STILL HAS MUCH IN STORE, SINCE YOU'LL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. I PLEDGE TO YOU TODAY A HOLLOWED PLACE WITHIN MY HEART IS WHERE YOU'LL ALWAYS STAY MY FRIEND