January 21, 1935 – November 17, 2020
Christine Virginia Montgomery (Jackie) was born January 21, 1935 and passed away at Orchard View Nursing Home in Columbus, GA on November 17, 2020. A visitation for family and friends of Christine's will be held Sunday, November 22, 2020 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, 4071 Macon Road, Columbus, GA. Funeral services will be on Monday, November 23, 2020 at 11:00 am at Fort Mitchell National Cemetery with Rev. Charles Hays officiating.
Christine was raised in Sand Mountain, Alabama and met and married the love of her life, Elmer Clark Montgomery, in Columbus, GA at the age of 16. While she went to be with the lord, her husband of 59 years was waiting with open arms. They shared a loving and wonderful life as a family.
Christine retired from Southern Bell and was a member of Edgewood Assembly of God Church.
Christine was a loving mother to Wyndol Bruce Montgomery of Pine Mountain, GA and Randall Clark Montgomery of Hendersonville, TN (Sherry Montgomery). She was the grandmother to six grandchildren: Ashlee McDaniel, Keri Montgomery, Brian Montgomery, Ethan Montgomery (Alisha Bales Montgomery), Jonah Montgomery (Madison Linder Montgomery), and Arlen Montgomery (Gabriella Claridy Montgomery). She was also the great-grandmother to nine: Emma Montgomery, Maddox Montgomery, Sullivan Montgomery, Mary Ellen Montgomery, Layla McDaniel, Lincoln Stucki, Eden Johnson, Jaedyn Johnson, Vance Montgomery, and one on the way, Autumn Montgomery.
Although we love you and will miss you, we are comforted by the reunion of our parents and grandparents once again together in heaven.
- Elmer Clark Montgomery, Husband (deceased)
- Wyndol Bruce Montgomery, Son
- Randall Clark Montgomery (Sherry), Son
- Ashlee McDaniel, Grandchild
- Keri Montgomery, Grandchild
- Brian Montgomery, Grandchild
- Ethan Montgomery (Alisha Bales Montgomery), Grandchild
- Jonah Montgomery (Madison Linder Montgomery), Grandchild
- Arlen Montgomery (Gabriella Claridy Montgomery), Grandchild
- Emma Montgomery, Great-Grandchild
- Maddox Montgomery, Great-Grandchild
- Sullivan Montgomery, Great-Grandchild
- Mary Ellen Montgomery, Great-Grandchild
- Layla McDaniel, Great-Grandchild
- Lincoln Stucki, Great-Grandchild
- Eden Johnson, Great-Grandchild
- Jaedyn Johnson, Great-Grandchild
- Vance Montgomery, Great-Grandchild
- Autumn Montgomery, Great-Grandchild on the way
Learn more about the Montgomery name
Visitation for Family and Friends
Sunday, November 22, 2020
Monday, November 23, 2020
November 24, 2020
I WAS HONORED TO SKIP SCHOOL OCCASSIONALLY WITH BUCK AND THIS DEAR WOMAN, FED US, TALKED WITH US AND SENT US BACK TO SCHOOL MORE THAN ONCE, THANK YOU MONTGOMERY FAMILY FOR SHARING HER
November 21, 2020
I knew her as Aunt Jackie. As a little girl always enjoyed going to visit her and loved it when she came to see us. As a adult She became a dear friend. I know she is happy in heaven reunited with all her family and friends. She will forever be loved. I am looking forward to the day that I see her and all my family again.