Gladys Marion McAlister
April 1, 1927 – November 30, 2018
Gladys Marrion McAlister, age 91, of Columbus, Georgia passed away on Friday November 30, 2018. Gladys was born April 1, 1927 in Schley, Georgia to Teab Murry Dinkins and Stella A. Royals.
Gladys is survived by son, James R. McAlister; daughter in law, Sheila McAlister; and son, Michael E. McAlister; sister, Betty Highnote, sister, Fran Watford and sister, Virginia Capps; grandchildren, Robert Andrew McAlister and Patricia May. She also leaves behind six great grandchildren, a host of many other relatives and friends to cherish her loving memory.
Gladys was preceded in death by her husband, James Thomas McAlister; father, Teab Murry Dinkins and mother, Stella A. Royals.
A Visitation for Gladys will be held Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, 4071 Macon Road, Columbus, Georgia 31907. A Funeral Service will occur Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM, 4071 Macon Road, Columbus, Georgia 31907. Burial will follow at Parkhill Cemetery, 4161 Macon Road, Columbus, Georgia 31907.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.shcolumbus.com for the McAlister family.
- James Thomas McAlister, Father
- Teab Murry Dinkins McAlister, Mother
- James R. McAlister, Son
- Shiela McAlister, Daughter in Law
- Michael E. McAlister, Son
- Robert Andrew McAlister, Granchild
- Patricia May, Grandchild
- Betty Highnote, Sister
- Fran Watford, Sister
- Virginia Capps, Sister
- Gladys McAlister also leaves behind six great grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends to cherish her loving memory.
- Visitation Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, December 8, 2018