Henry E. Pilcher
April 30, 1926 – November 7, 2019
Henry E. Pilcher, 93, formerly of Columbus, GA, passed away Thursday, November 7, 2019 in Canton, GA.
A graveside service to celebrate Mr. Pilcher’s life will be held at 3:00PM Saturday, November 9, 2019 in Parkhill Cemetery with Pastor Tim Jones officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service at Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, 4071 Macon Road, Columbus, GA, 31907.
Mr. Pilcher was born April 30, 1926 in Sumter County, GA, son of the late Milton Paul and Jewel Elizabeth Herring Pilcher. He retired after many years of service in the Sales profession with Frito Lay. Mr. Pilcher was also a member of Britt David Baptist Church. We will miss his presence daily, but his gentle spirit will live forever in our hearts.
In addition to his parents, Mr. Pilcher was preceded in death his loving wife, Doris C. Pilcher and five brothers, Ed, Melvin, Tommy, Homer, and Donald Pilcher.
Survivors include his son, Earl Pilcher and his wife, Diane; his daughter, Nancy Jenkins and her husband, Tim; three grandchildren, Paige Jenkins, Jennifer Pilcher, and Jeremy Pilcher and his wife, Amanda; four great grandchildren, Roah, Gloria, Amos, and Eliza Pilcher; two brothers, Harvey Pilcher and Benny Pilcher; numerous other family members and friends.
To sign the online guest registry, please visit www.shcolumbus.com
- Milton Paul Pilcher, Father (deceased)
- Jewel Elizabeth Herring Pilcher, Mother (deceased)
- Ed Pilcher, Brother (deceased)
- Melvin Pilcher, Brother (deceased)
- Tommy Pilcher, Brother (deceased)
- Homer Pilcher, Brother (deceased)
- Donald Pilcher, Brother (deceased)
- Doris C. Pilcher, Loving Wife (deceased)
- Earl Pilcher, Son
- Diane Pilcher, Daughter-in-law
- Nancy Jenkins, Daughter
- Tim Jenkins, Son-in-law
- Paige Jenkins, Grandchild
- Jennifer Pilcher, Grandchild
- Jeremy Pilcher (Amanda), Grandchild
- Roah Pilcher, Great Grandchild
- Gloria Pilcher, Great Grandchild
- Amos Pilcher, Great Grandchild
- Eliza Pilcher, Great Grandchild
- Harvey Pilcher, Brother
- Benny Pilcher, Brother
- Mr. Pilcher also leaves behind other extended family member and many friends to cherish his loving memory.
- Visitation for Family and Friends Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Graveside Funeral Service Saturday, November 9, 2019
Henry E. Pilcher
Mr Lynn Lanford
November 9, 2019
May the Lord comfort one and all during this time of lost.
Mr. Lynn Lanford
p.s. To son, Earl. Weren't you at one time was youth pastor at Edgewood Baptist Church? I once was under your ministry.
Penny Harper (Thornton)
November 8, 2019
Prayers and sweet memories of Mr. and Mrs. Pilcher are in my heart and mind as his life is celebrated tomorrow. Mr. Henry was one of my favorite people as we served together on the Britt David Day Care Board for many years. Mr. Pilcher loved Jesus, his wife, his family, and his church and lived to honor those things daily. I rejoice that he and Mrs. Doris are together again. May God comfort you all as you face the days ahead.
ROYCE & STELLA TOWNSON
November 8, 2019
We are saddened to hear of Mr. Pilchers passing away. I have great memories of Mr Henry , and Mr Ed, and really the whole Pilcher family treated me as if I was their own. I know that Mr Henry is having a grand reunion with all family and friends who went before him, but most of all, he is with KING JESUS ! God Bless this family, and give them the strength needed to deal with this tough time.