Marlene Carter Scott
December 19, 1947 – January 9, 2020
Marlene Carter Scott, age 72, of Columbus, passed away on January 9, 2020. Funeral Services will be held on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 2:00 pm at Striffler-Hamby Mortuary. Burial will follow services in Parkhill Cemetery.
Marlene was born in Rome, GA on December 19, 1947, the daughter of Howard Pink Carter and Frances Thompson Carter. After high school, she graduated from South Georgia Technical College with a degree in Cosmetology. She became an entrepreneur after receiving her degree, choosing to be self-employed as a hair stylist. Marlene never met a stranger, and she loved everyone she met. She was a member of Cascade Baptist Church. She enjoyed dancing, tending to her plants, and enjoyed listening to Conway Twitty, George Jones, and Elvis Presley. Marlene loved life. She was fun, vivacious, a joy to be around and she was always the life of a get together. Her nieces and nephews were always excited to see Aunt Molly. What she truly loved was her family and spending time with them, including her fur baby, Bailey.
She is preceded in death by her parents and brothers, Farrell Bud Carter and Larry Wayne Carter.
Survivors include three daughters, Penny Scott Mclendon, Dawne Scott Carden, and Kimberly Anne Scott; three grandchildren, Chance Carden, Taylor Mclendon, and Kyle Scott; three siblings, Glenda Carter (Johnnie) Rhodes, Violet (Kenny) Watson, Howard Leroy (Wanda) Carter; sisters-in-law, Eloise Carter and Karen Carter, and numerous family members and friends of the family that will cherish Marlene’s memory.
- Penny Scott Mclendon, Daughter
- Dawne Scott Carden, Daughter
- Kimberly Anne Scott, Daughter
- Chance Carden, Grandchild
- Taylor Mclendon, Grandchild
- Kyle Scott, Grandchild
- Glenda Carter Rhodes (Johnnie), Sister
- Violet Watson (Kenny), Sister
- Howard Leroy Carter (Wanda), Brother
- Eloise Carter, Sister-in-law
- Karen Carter, Sister-in-law
- Howard Pink Carter, Father (deceased)
- Frances Thompson Carter, Mother (deceased)
- Farrell Bud Carter, Brother (deceased)
- Larry Wayne Carter, Brother (deceased)
- Mrs. Scott also leaves behind numerous family members and friends of the family to cherish her memory.
- Visitation of Family & Friends Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- Funeral Service Tuesday, January 14, 2020