Thomas Wayne Griffin
November 13, 1944 – March 31, 2019
Thomas Wayne Griffin, age 74, resident of Menifee, California, passed away on March 31, 2019. Memorial services are scheduled at Edgewood Hall of Striffler-Hamby, Columbus on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 11 a.m. with the family receiving friends at the funeral home one hour prior to the service.
Mr. Griffin, son of the late Thomas Reuben Griffin and Helen Evon Norsworthy, was born November 13, 1944. After high school, Mr. Griffin attended and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia. Later on, he obtained a Master's degree and then a Doctorate Degree in Education. He then began a career in education with the Muscogee County School District, teaching at Eddy Jr. High School and also providing for students in the evening at Jordan High School who are obtaining their GED. Mr. Griffin lived a happy life, dedicating his life to his family. He was a gentle man, kind hearted, and very humble. Mr. Griffin enjoyed his cats, loved to travel, and enjoyed movies such as Harry Potter and Star Wars with his family. The family noted that the kids and The Big Bang Theory always gave him much joy and laughter. He was a man who never put himself first-always others. His former students remember what he taught them and the many things of life that helped them succeed.
Other than his parents, Mr. Griffin was preceded in death by a sister, Catherine Theresa Anderson and a great-niece, Everly Pacheco.
He is survived by his life partner, Tommy Daniel of Menifee, California; sister, Valerie (Sam) Woodall of Menifee, California; two nieces, Jennifer (Shawnta Martinez) Carter and Helen (Bradley Pacheco) Woodall of Menifee, California; great nieces, Amber (Isaiah Ashby) Carter, Emberly Pacheco, and Charleigh Martinez; great-nephew, Kayne Carter; great-great niece, Lyric Carter; and great-great nephew, Zayne Ashby.
- Thomas Reuben Griffin, Father
- Helen Evon Norsworthy Griffin, Mother
- Tommy Daniel, Life Partner
- Valerie Woodall (Sam), Sister
- Catherine Theresa Anderson, Sister
- Jennifer Carter (Shawnta Martinez), Niece
- Helen Woodall (Bradley Pacheco), Niece
- Amber Carter (Isaiah Ashby), Great Niece
- Emberly Pacheco, Great Niece
- Charleigh Martinez, Great Niece
- Everly Pacheco, Great Niece
- Kayne Carter, Great Nephew
- Lyric Carter, Great-Great Niece
- Zayne Ashby, Great-Great Nephew
- Mr. Griffin also leaves behind other extended relatives and friends to cherish his loving memory.
- Visitation Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, April 17, 2019