Norma "Nana" Irene Holland
June 16, 1932 – September 4, 2018
Norma “Irene” Holland, affectionately known as Nana, passed away on September 4, 2018 at the age of 86. She was born on June 16, 1932, to Roy and Iva Mae Wheeler. Irene was preceded in death by her parents and brothers, Roy and Bob Wheeler.
Her genuine expressions of Christ’s love through her daily actions and guidance were Nana’s greatest gifts to her family. She is survived by her loving husband of 67 years, Jeff Willard; Mother to Debbie Lacy (Bill), Beth Gray, and Joy Bounds (Steve); Nana to Melissa Miller (David), Michael Lacy (Stephany), Amanda Alley (Jason), Matthew Gray (Pam), Stephanie Chunn (Chris), April Garrett (Timmy), Jonathan Gray (Carissa), and Stephen Gray; Nana to great grandchildren Mitchell, Masyn, Emilee, Brooklynne, Courtnei, Logan, Elias, Giuliana, Augustus, Magnolia, Ashtyn, Alexandre, Mykel, Embrilyce, Amadeus, and Adiya.
Mrs. Holland was a faithful follower of Christ and a member of Woodland Heights Baptist Church. During her earlier years, she was very active in her church’s ministries especially Music and Education. She was also a favorite elementary teacher to numerous children throughout her years of teaching in various schools in Hot Springs, Fayetteville, Greenbrier, and at Ellen Smith School in Conway.
The family would like to thank Hospice Home Care and Conway Healthcare for their compassionate care and loving support. Visitation will be Friday, September 7 from 5-7 p.m. and a service honoring her life will be held on Saturday, September 8 at 2 p.m. Both services will be held at Griffin Leggett Conway Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Gideon’s International.
Visit the online guest book at www.griffinleggettconway.com
- Roy Wheeler, Father
- Iva Mae Wheeler, Mother
- Roy Wheeler, Brother
- Bob Wheeler, Brother
- Jeff Willard, Husband
- Debbie Lacy, Daughter
- Bill Lacy, Son-in-law
- Beth Gray, Daughter
- Joy Bounds, Daughter
- Steve Bounds, Son-in-law
- Melissa Miller, Granddaughter
- David Miller, Grandson-in-law
- Michael Lacy, Grandson
- Stephany Lacy, granddaughter-in-law
- Amanda Alley, Granddaughter
- Jason Alley, grandson-in-law
- Matthew Gray, Grandson
- Pam Gray, granddaughter-in-law
- Stephanie Chunn, Granddaughter
- Chris Chunn, grandson-in-law
- April Garrett, Granddaughter
- Timmy Garrett, grandson-in-law
- Jonathan Gray, Grandson
- Carissa Gray, granddaughter-in-law
- Stephen Gray, Grandson
- Great grandchildren Mitchell, Masyn, Emilee, Brooklynne, Courtnei, Logan, Elias, Giuliana, Augustus, Magnolia, Ashtyn, Alexandre, Mykel, Embrilyce, Amadeus, and Adiya .
- Michael Lacy, Active Pallbearer
- David Miller, Active Pallbearer
- Matthew Gray, Active Pallbearer
- Jason Alley, Active Pallbearer
- Chris Chunn, Active Pallbearer
- Jonathan Gray, Active Pallbearer
- Stephen Gray, Active Pallbearer
- Timmy Garrett, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, September 7, 2018
- Memorial Service Saturday, September 8, 2018
- Committal Service
Norma "Nana" Irene Holland
September 7, 2018
Debbie and Bill you are in my prayers. So sorry for your lost. May God comfort and keep you in perfect peace.
September 6, 2018
Too many memories to share just one. Over the years, there have been ballgames, dinners, lunches, a cruise, church functions, lots of visits at one home or another, etc., she will be greatly missed. A truly nice lady and a good person...but best of all she was a devout Christian and it showed in how she lived her life. Jeff, to you and the family, I'm so sorry. Wish I could say or do something to ease your grief but words are inadequate. You already know that she loved all of you so much. I loved her too and have fond memories of many good times (I hate to say how many years of memories there are)! Sharon