Robert Eugene Lumpkins
January 26, 1933 – January 19, 2020
Robert Eugene Lumpkins, age 86, of Kempner, Texas passed away on Sunday January 19, 2020. Robert was born January 26, 1933 in Crummies, Kentucky to Thelma Lumpkins and Luther Lumpkins.
Robert served in the US Air Force, then enlisted in the US Army until he retired. He was Active duty during the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Upon retiring from the US Army he was employed with the US Postal Services in Copperas Cove and retired from there.
Robert is survived by his wife, Ada Lee Lumpkins of Kempner, TX; daughter Sabrina Marteney and husband Randy of Copperas Cove, TX; daughter Deborah Mathews and husband Timothy of Seminole, OK; and daughter Barbara Seay of Kempner, TX; son Robert Gregory Lumpkins of Norman, OK; sister Myrna Drew of Copperas Cove, TX. Grandchildren, Randi Gower and husband Rob Gower of Bowlegs OK; Belinda Cain and husband Justin Cain of Seminole OK; Michael Gonzales and wife Katie Gonzales of Gunter, TX; Melinda Mathews of Seminole, OK; RJ Marteney of Copperas Cove, TX, Christine McBride and husband Brady McBride of Austin, TX; Joshua Lumpkins of Norman, OK; Amber Seay of Johnson City, TN; Justus Lumpkins of Norman, OK; Ashley Seay of Carlsbad, NM; Great Grandchildren, Seth Mathews of Norman, OK; Amberlynn Mathews of Seminole, OK; Hana Gower of Bowlegs, OK; Kylie Marteney of Houston, TX; Lexi Cain of Seminole, OK; Brayden Marteney of Houston, TX; Payton Marteney of Houston, TX; Wyatt Gonzales of Gunter, TX.
Robert was preceded in death by; father Luther Lumpkins and mother Thelma Lumpkins; brother Wallace Lumpkins; daughter-in-law Michelle Lumpkins.
A visitation for Robert will be held Wednesday, January 22, 2020 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Crawford-Bowers Funeral Home, 211 W Avenue B, Copperas Cove, Texas. A funeral service will occur Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM, 211 W Avenue B, Copperas Cove, Texas. A burial with military honors will follow at Kempner City Cemetery, Kempner, Texas.
Serving as pallbearers are Ricky Drew, Michael Gonzales, RJ Marteney, Joshua Lumpkins, Justus Lumpkins and Seth Mathews.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.crawfordbowerscopperascove.com for the Lumpkins family.
- Ada Lee Lumpkins, Wife
- Myrna Drew, Sister
- Wallace Lumpkins, Brother (deceased)
- Luther Lumpkins, Father (deceased)
- Thelma Lumpkins, Mother (deceased)
- Michelle Lumpkins, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Sabrina Marteney (Randy), Daughter
- Deborah Mathews (Timothy), Daughter
- Barbara Seay, Daughter
- Randi Gower (Rob), Grandchild
- Belinda Cain (Justin), Grandchild
- Michael Gonzales (Katie), Grandchild
- Melinda Mathews, Grandchild
- RJ Marteney, Grandchild
- Christine McBride (Brady), Grandchild
- Joshua Lumpkins, Grandchild
- Amber Seay, Grandchild
- Justus Lumpkins, Grandchild
- Ashley Seay, Grandchild
Great Grandchildren – Seth Mathews of Norman Ok
Amberlynn Mathews of Seminole Ok
Hana Gower of Bowlegs Ok
Kylie Marteney of Houston Tx
Brayden Marteney of Houston Tx
Payton Marteney of Houston Tx
Wyatt Gonzales of Gunter Tx
- Ricky Drew, Active Pallbearer
- Michael Gonzales, Active Pallbearer
- RJ Marteney, Active Pallbearer
- Joshua Lumpkins, Active Pallbearer
- Justus Lumpkins, Active Pallbearer
- Seth Mathews, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Funeral Service Thursday, January 23, 2020
- Burial with Military Honors Thursday, January 23, 2020
Robert Eugene Lumpkins
January 28, 2020
I hadn't seen Uncle Bob in a very long time, not since my dad, his brother, Wallace died.
Looking through Family Photos growing up sometimes I was unable to tell which one was Bob and which one was Wallace, and I wish that I had the opportunity to have gotten to know him better.