Anastacio Padron Cantu
May 4, 1927 – August 3, 2018
Anastacio Padron Cantu went to be with the Lord on August 3, 2018. He was born May 4, 1927 in Tivoli, Texas to Blas Cantu and Lorenza Padron Cantu. Anastacio was a parishioner of Our Lady of Pilar Catholic Church. He worked for the City of Corpus Christi Sanitation Department for over 40 years. He was a loving husband, father, and grandfather affectionately called “Whistling Grandpa” by his grandchildren. He was a very patient, calm natured man with a great sense of humor. He loved to work on lawn mowers and work around the house and yard. Anastacio was preceded in death by his wife, Ramona A. Cantu, sons, Anastacio (Tacho) Cantu Jr., Lorenzo (Larry) Cantu, grandson, George Cantu, granddaughter, Lucy Cantu Jimenez and great grandson, Daniel Sotello. He is survived by his son, Guadalupe (Wale) Cantu; daughter, Elsa (Carlos) Ortiz; grandchildren, Abel (Cyndi), Debbie (Victor), Aaron, Lori, Nikki, Angel, Esther, Boxer, Pete (Velvet), Larry (Kristen), Richard (Meghan), Andrew, Anastacio Shane, Grace (Mark) and Carlos Jr.; 41 great grandkids; 14 great-great grandkids; brother, Gilbert P. (Maria) and 2 sisters, Juanita and Maria Cantu. Visitation will begin at 12:00 Noon, Wednesday, August 8, 2018 with Holy Rosary recited at 1:30 p.m. and Funeral Services at 2:00 p.m. in the Chapel at Memory Gardens Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery. His great grandsons will serve as pallbearers.
- Guadalupe "Wale" Cantu, Son
- Elsa (Carlos) Ortiz, Daughter
- Abel (Cyndi), Debbie (Victor), Aaron, Lori, Nikki, Angel and Esther, Grandchildren
- Boxer, Pete (Velvet), Larry (Kristen), Richard (Meghan), Andrew, Anastacio Shane, Grace (Mark) and Carlos Jr., Grandchildren
- Gilbert P. (Maria) Cantu, Brother
- Juanita and Maria Cantu, Sisters
- Blas Cantu, Father
- Lorenza Padron Cantu, Mother
- Ramona A. Cantu, Spouse
- Anastacio "Tacho" Cantu Jr., Son
- Lorenzo "Larry" Cantu, Son
- George Cantu, Grandson
- Lucy Cantu Jimenez, Granddaughter
- Daniel Sotello, Great Grandson
- Mr. Cantu also leaves 41 great-grandchildren and 14 great-great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Visitation Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- Holy Rosary Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- Interment Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Anastacio Padron Cantu
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 7, 2018
My condolences to the Anastacio P Cantu family. I am one of the 3 ladies that worked with "Tacho" Cantu. He was one of the foreman at the then Sanitation Dept. Lots has changed since both he and I worked there. He was a calm, never saw him to be an angry, rude type of man. Very respectful and was always happy. I, myself, have since retired from the department several years ago and never once ran into Tacho. I have fond memories of him, and all the staff, our Christmas dinners which we all shared in the department. Am sure he has left alot of fond memories. May he rest in peace. God bless all the family.
August 6, 2018
I moved to corpus 8 years ago and i was asked by his daughter Elsa if I would help her care for her dad...I told her of course I would...im so glad I did because he was such a wonderful man who loved eating hot Cheetos as much as I did...im gonna miss our conversations and me cleaning off his red fingers....you will be missed my many Mr. Cantu...and don't worry..we will take good care of Elsa for you...RIP..