December 1, 1924 – January 16, 2019
Anita Rivera Sul, 94, passed away on January 16, 2019 in Waco Texas.
She was born on December 1, 1924 in Goliad, Texas.
She worked as a cashier at Buddies Grocery in Corpus and at Super 8 Grocery in Robstown.
She loved to sing and play the piano. She was very involved in the choir in her church, El Mesias, where she was a faithful member and founder when it was, Molina Mission.
She was preceded in death by her husband’s, Candelario Rivera and Esiquio Sul; three sons, Ruben Rivera, Robert Rivera, Rudy Rivera; one step-daughter, Maria Zaragoza; grandson, Jonathon Rivera; parents, Rafael and Luz Longoria; brothers, Daniel, Samuel, Rafael, Abel, Tomas Elias Longoria; sisters, Manuela Mendoza, Luisa Loa Navarro, Sofia Rodriguez and Angelita Villarreal.
She is survived by her children, Paul Rivera from Corpus Christi, Martha Romero (Richard) from Lorena, Texas; grandchildren , Roseanna, Ruben, Veronica H., Veronica M., Eunice, Becky, Robert, Rudy Jr., Ramsey, Marie, Mark, Elizabeth, Raquel and Ruth; 36 great-grand kids and 13 great-great grandkids; two siblings, David Longoria and Ester Luna.
Special thanks to my husband, Richard, my children and Interim Hospice Agency for the care of my mom. Also family and friends for their prayers.
Pallbearers will be Rudy Rivera Jr., Ramsey Rivera, Ruben Rivera, Mark Guerrero, Fred Loa and Bobby Loa.
Visitation will be held on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Funeraria Del Angel Cheyenne Funeral Home.
Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at Funeraria Del Angel Cheyenne Funeral Home.
Interment will follow at Rosehill Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be offered at www.funerariadelangelcc.com
- Candelario Rivera, Husband
- Esiquio Sul, Husband
- Ruben Rivera, Son
- Robert Rivera, Son
- Rudy Rivera, Son
- Maria Zaragoza, Step-Daughter
- Jonathon Rivera, Grandson
- Rafael and Luz Longoria, Parents
- Daniel Longoria, Brother
- Samuel Longoria, Brother
- Rafael Longoria, Brother
- Abel Longoria, Brother
- Tomas Elias Longoria, Brother
- Manuela Mendoza, Sister
- Luisa Loa Navarro, Sister
- Sofia Rodriguez, Sister
- Angelita Villarreal, Sister
- Paul Rivera, Son
- Martha Romero (Richard), Daughter
- David Longoria, Brother
- Ester Luna, Sister
- Anita also leaves behind her grandchildren, Roseanna, Ruben, Veronica H., Veronica M., Eunice, Becky, Robert, Rudy Jr., Ramsey, Marie, Mark, Elizabeth, Raquel and Ruth, 36 great-grand kids and 13 great-great grandkids.
- Rudy Rivera Jr., Pallbearer
- Ramsey Rivera, Pallbearer
- Ruben Rivera, Pallbearer
- Mark Guerrero, Pallbearer
- Fred Loa , Pallbearer
- Bobby Loa, Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- Interment Wednesday, January 23, 2019