Carolina A. Gambill
September 15, 1946 – August 9, 2019
Carolina A. Gambill, age 72, of Corpus Christi, TX, passed away on August 9, 2019 after a courageous battle with Alzheimer Dementia beginning in 2009. She was born on September 15, 1946 to the late Simon and Margarita Gutierrez in Mathis, TX.
She was a loving mother, grandmother, great grandmother, care taker and a friend to all.
She is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Colonel Charles Liston Gambill; brothers, Simon Jr., Roberto and Rafael Gutierrez; and sister, Elodia Hernandez.
Carolina is survived by her sisters, Maria Hernandez, Aurelia Amador, Librada Sanchez; brothers, Rene, Israel and David Gutierrez; children, Antonia “Toni” Villarreal, Yvonne A. Ramos (Ernesto Villarreal), Margarita Adame (Leonardo), Ysaac Acuña Jr. (Lilly), Amy Lynn Serrano (David) and Laura Marinez (Joey); stepson, Charles R. Gambill; sixteen grandchildren, twenty nine great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild.
Pallbearers will be Michael Ramos Jr., Jeremy P. Villarreal Sr., Bryon A. Acuña, Ramiro Villarreal Jr., JC Marinez Jr., and Eric Rios. Honorary pallbearer will be Jeremy P. Villarreal Jr.
Visitation will be held Tuesday, August 13, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Memory Gardens Funeral Home with a Prayer Service at 7:00 pm. A Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 10:00 am at Memory Gardens Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.MemoryGardensFuneralHome.com for the Gambill family.
- Maria Hernandez, Sister
- Aurelia Amador, Sister
- Librada Sanchez, Sister
- Rene Gutierrez, Brother
- Israel Gutierrez, Brother
- David Gutierrez, Brother
- Antonia "Toni" Villarreal, Daughter
- Yvonne A. Ramos (Ernesto Villarreal), Daughter
- Margarita Adame (Leonardo), Daughter
- Ysaac Acuña Jr. (Lilly), Son
- Amy Lynn Serrano (David), Daughter
- Laura Martinez (Joey), Daughter
- Charles R. Gambill, Stepson
- Simon and Margarita Gutierrez, Parents (deceased)
- Colonel Charles Liston Gambill, Husband (deceased)
- Simon Gutierrez Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Roberto Gutierrez, Brother (deceased)
- Rafael Gutierrez, Brother (deceased)
- Elodia Hernandez, Sister (deceased)
- Mrs. Gambill also leaves sixteen grandchildren, twenty-nine great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild to cherish her memory.
- Michael Ramos Jr.
- Jeremy P. Villarreal Sr.
- Bryon A. Acuña
- Ramiro Villarreal Jr.
- JC Marinez Jr.
- Eric Rios
- Jeremy P. Villarreal Jr., Honorary
- Visitation Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Prayer Service Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Interment Wednesday, August 14, 2019