April 5, 1933 – January 6, 2019
Emilio Garza, 85, of Corpus Christi, Texas, passed away on January 6, 2019.
He was born in Gonzales, Texas, on April 5, 1933. After he graduated from Roy Miller High School, he joined the United States Air Force in August of 1951 and proudly served during the Korean War. His service included an overseas assignment in the Philippines.
After he was honorably discharged, he immediately married the love of his life, Eva Sosa, on August 27, 1955. He often told her “Thank you for marrying me,” to which she replied “Thank you for asking me.” Together they moved and created a life and family in Corpus Christi.
His work tenure included working for Lang Electric and General Electric. These jobs helped him acquire the skills necessary to start his own business. In 1972, he started Garza Electrical Motor Service and successfully ran the business with his daughter, Virginia, for more than 45 years. He had many passions which included woodworking projects and hunting and fishing at his ranch. He also spent countless years exercising at the Heart Rehabilitation Center at Spohn Shoreline. He made many friends there and was proud of achieving over 2,500 hours of rehab exercise, which was record setting. But, above all, he loved the time he spent with his family and friends.
He is preceded in death by his beloved mother, Felicitas Lopez; his sister, Jesusa Santos; his brother, Rene Garza; his brother-in-law, Frank Santos; and his father, Francisco Garza. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Eva, and his children, Robert (Norma) Garza; Virginia Garza; Felicitas (Robert) Gonzales; Emilio Garza, Jr.; David (Nina) Garza; fourteen grand children; four great grandchildren; and numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins.
Pallbearers will be Richard Santos, Robert Gonzales, Amber Garza, Amanda Garza, James Gonzalez and Luis Rodriguez.
Honorary Pallbearers will be Nathan Garza, Nicholas Garza, Paul Sosa Jr., Matthew Sosa, Julian Lopez, Paul Matthew Ramon, Anna Garza, Andrea Garza-Arismendez, Jennifer Garza, Frank Santos, Jr. and Sylvia Santos Boozer. The Garza family would like to thank all of the medical doctors, nurses, and staff who treated our father. The family also expresses its sincere gratitude to the Spohn Shoreline Heart Rehab Center. Visitation will be held on Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Funeraria Del Angel with a Holy Rosary to be recited at 7:00 p.m. that same evening.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery.
Online condolences may be offered at www.funerariadelangelcc.com
- Felicitas Lopez, Mother
- Jesusa Santos, Sister
- Rene Garza, Brother
- Frank Santos, Brother-in-law
- Francisco Garza, Father
- Eva Garza, Wife
- Robert (Norma) Garza, Son
- Virginia Garza, Daughter
- Felicitas (Robert) Gonzales, Daughter
- Emilio Garza Jr., Son
- David (Nina) Garza, Son
- Emilio also leaves behind his fourteen grand children, four great grandchildren and numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins.
- Richard Santos, Pallbearer
- Robert Gonzles , Pallbearer
- Amber Garza, Pallbearer
- Amanda Garza, Pallbearer
- James Gonzalez , Pallbearer
- Luis Rodrigeuz, Pallbearer
- Nathan Garza, Honorary Pallbearer
- Nicholas Garza, Honorary Pallbearer
- Paul Sosa Jr. , Honorary Pallbearer
- Matthew Sosa, Honorary Pallbearer
- Julian Lopez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Paul Matthew Ramon, Honorary Pallbearer
- Anna Garza, Honorary Pallbearer
- Andrea Garza-Arismendez , Honorary Pallbearer
- Jennifer Garza, Honorary Pallbearer
- Frank Santos Jr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Sylvia Santos Boozer, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, January 13, 2019
- Holy Rosary Sunday, January 13, 2019
- Funeral Mass Monday, January 14, 2019
- Interment Monday, January 14, 2019
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Baltazar and Juanita Lopez
January 9, 2019
To the Garza Family,
So sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.
January 9, 2019
EMILIO GARZA WAS MY GRANDFATHER IN-LAW AND HE WAS A GREAT MAN, WHO TOOK THE ROLE OF FATHER FOR MY WIFE JENNIFER GARZA (GALVAN). HE WAS A GREAT MAN WHO LIVED A LONG LIFE AND SERVICED OUR COUNTRY. REST IN PEACE EMILIO AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DID.