March 10, 1948 – November 3, 2019
Evangelina Mota Segovia passed away in Corpus Christi, Texas on Sunday, November 3, 2019 at the age of 71. She was born in Corpus Christi, Texas on March 10, 1948.
Evangelina married the love of her life, Homer Segovia Sr. She will be remembered for her passion for gardening, visiting casinos, watching WWE and was an avid Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs fan.
She is reunited with her beloved husband, Homer Segovia Sr.; parents, Pedro and Maria Luisa Mota; brother, Adolfo Mota Sr.; and her sister, Guadalupe Garcia.
Evangelina leaves her loving memories to her children, Connie Segovia, Homer Segovia Jr. (Merissa), Cindy Leos (Rudy); grandchildren, Sarena Segovia, Victoria Segovia, Jacob Leos, Isaac Segovia; great-grandchildren, Ethan Escobedo, Mason Moreno; brothers and sisters, Severo Mota Sr. (Eva), Olivia Gutierrez (Joel Sr.), Irma Hinojosa (Juan Jr.), Mary Lou Blado (Mo), Diana Ysaguirre (Arturo Sr.), Cruz Yanez (Gilbert Sr.), Sylvia Flores (Gilbert). She also leaves numerous nieces, nephews and extended family and friends.
Pallbearers will be Juan Hinojosa III, Victor Alaniz, Jacob Leos, Margarito Rodriguez Jr., Joe Reyes, Joel Adame, Derek Molina, Isreal Gonzalez and Sean Prinz.
Family will receive friends on Thursday, November 7, 2019 at Memory Gardens Funeral Home from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with a Holy Rosary to be recited at 7:00 p.m. that same evening.
A Funeral Service will be held on Friday, November 8, 2019 at Memory Gardens Funeral Home in the Chapel at 10:00 a.m. Burial will follow in Memory Gardens Cemetery.
To share fond memories and extend condolences visit www.memorygardensfuneralhome.com
- Connie Segovia, Daughter
- Homer Segovia Jr. (Merissa), Son
- Cindy Leos (Rudy), Daughter
- Sarena Segovia, Grandchild
- Victoria Segovia, Grandchild
- Jacob Leos, Grandchild
- Isaac Segovia, Grandchild
- Ethan Escobedo, Great Grandchild
- Mason Moreno, Great Grandchild
- Severo Mota Sr. (Eva), Brother
- Olivia Gutierrez (Joel Sr.), Sister
- Irma Hinojosa (Juan Jr.), Sister
- Mary Lou Blado (Mo), Sister
- Diana Ysaguirre (Arturo Sr.), Sister
- Cruz Yanez (Gilbert Sr.), Sister
- Sylvia Flores (Gilbert), Sister
- Homer Segovia Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Pedro and Maria Luisa Mota, Parents (deceased)
- Adolfo Mota Sr., Brother (deceased)
- Guadalupe Garcia, Sister (deceased)
- Mrs. Segovia also leaves numerous nieces, nephews and extended family and friends to cherish her memory.
- Juan Hinojosa III
- Victor Alaniz
- Jacob Leos
- Margarito Rodriguez Jr.
- Joe Reyes
- Joel Adame
- Derek Molina
- Isreal Gonzalez
- Sean Prinz
- Visitation Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Holy Rosary Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 8, 2019
- Interment Friday, November 8, 2019
Maria T Reyes
November 5, 2019
My Prayers and Condolences to the family of Evangelina Segovia. She was a nice lady and Loved her Garden. May she RIP. God Bless her. 🌺🌿 AMEN
November 5, 2019
Our deepest sympathies to all the family during this heartache. May god grant y'all comfort. Many prayers from our family to yours. Warm hugs to all and extra hugs for Sarena and the boys.
Belinda Zapata and Family
November 4, 2019
Cousins Vangie and Homer are the reason I was able to have a good life in Virginia. I am forever grateful to the simple kindness they showed to a cousin they hardly knew! I always loved every time we were able to gather as a family and look forward with a joyful heart to hopefully being with her again in heaven with her and all of our other family gone ahead of us!