George "Papa Jack" Jackson
July 11, 1930 – January 19, 2020
George (Papa Jack) Jackson, 89 of Corpus Christi, TX passed away peacefully at his home on January 19, 2020. He was born in Como, Mississippi on July 11, 1930 to George and Macey Jackson. He married the love of his life, Jacqueline (Mama Jack) Jackson on December 31, 1950. Papa Jack’s determination and strong work ethic led him to a successful career in the trucking industry spanning over six decades. He is one of the founders of Woody’s Truck Center, still operating in Corpus Christi. Throughout his life, Papa Jack unselfishly devoted time and energy into many charitable organizations. He was an instrumental leader over the decades in the B.P.O. Elks, CC Industrial (Noon) Lions Club, Masons, and Shriners.
He is preceded in death by his loving wife of 67 years, his parents; sister, Rose Marie Day, brother, Robert “Bobby” Jackson; and son Michael Burns.
He is survived by his sister Mary Lavender; son Richard (Diane) Jackson; daughter-in-law Debbie Burns; grandchildren, Brandy (Henry) Rodriguez, Amanda Jackson, Van (Kelly) Baker, Daniel (Gabi) Baker, DeWayne (Jennifer) Burns, Jeffrey Burns; great grandchildren; Deron, Chelsea (Elliott), McKenzie, Savanna, Michael, Lily, Oliver, Parker, Austin, Emma; and Mama Jack’s four legged babies, Trouble and Ticker.
Family will receive friends at Memory Gardens Funeral Home on Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Funeral Service will be held at Memory Gardens Funeral Home on Friday, January 24, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. with Interment to follow in Memory Gardens Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children or the Texas Lions Camp in his honor.
- Mary Lavender, Sister
- Richard Jackson (Diane), Son
- Debbie Burns, Daughter-in-law
- Brandy Rodriguez (Henry), Grandchild
- Amanda Jackson, Grandchild
- Van Baker (Kelly), Grandchild
- Daniel Baker (Gabi), Grandchild
- DeWayne Burns (Jennifer), Grandchild
- Jeffrey Burns, Grandchild
- Deron, Chelsea (Elliott), McKenzie, Savanna and Michael, Great Grandchildren
- Lily, Oliver, Parker, Austin and Emma, Great Grandchildren
- Trouble and Ticker, Four legged babies
- Jacqueline Jackson, Spouse (deceased)
- George and Macey Jackson, Parents (deceased)
- Rose Marie Day, Sister (deceased)
- Robert "Bobby" Jackson, Brother (deceased)
- Michael Burns, Son (deceased)
Shriners Hospital for Children Houston, Donor Developement Office
6977 Main St., Houston, Texas 77030
- Texas Lions Camp
- Visitation Thursday, January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, January 24, 2020
- Interment Friday, January 24, 2020
George "Papa Jack" Jackson
January 24, 2020
George was a well respected business man in Corpus Christi. Please accept my sincere condolences. In all of my dealings with George (and his lovely wife), he was unfailingly kind and generous. They always came by my office every year to visit and invite me to the Shriner's party. I always enjoyed both of them.
Gill Roofing Co.
January 21, 2020
It has been a pleasure knowing you & your family. 1st through Lions International & than at Al Amin. Love & will miss you.