Gilberto Llanes Longoria Sr.
July 9, 1957 – November 30, 2018
Gilberto Llanes Longoria Sr., passed away on November 30, 2018 at the age of 61. He was born on July 9, 1957 in Corpus Christi. He will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved him.
Gilberto will be remembered for his passion of video recording his family and friends, he loved tinkering around the house, gardening and his love for Christian music and God. He spoiled his honey bunny to no end. He was family oriented and taught his son how to BBQ and was the family cook “a prender el bote”.
Gilberto was always cleaning and dancing to Michael Jackson, he also loved serenading himself with his favorites, Johnny Rodriguez and Freddy Fender.
Gilberto is preceded in death by his father, Rafael Longoria; sister, Penny Longoria; father in law, Hipolito “Polo” Martintez; cousin, Carlos Hinojosa; nieces, Jessica Longoria; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
He leaves his loving memories to his beloved wife of 29 beautiful years, Janie Longoria; son, Gilbert “JR” Longoria (Chelsey); mother, Genoveva Longoria-Garcia (Orlando); mother in law, Hortencia Martinez; brother, Luis Longoria; brother in law, Roland Martinez (JoAnn); God-daughter, Yliana Martinez; numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and a host of family and friends.
Visitation will be held at Funeraria Del Angel, 549 Cheyenne on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. with a Funeral Service to be held at 1:00 p.m. in the Chapel. Interment will follow in Rose Hill Memorial Park.
- Janie Longoria, Wife
- Gilbert "JR" (Chelsey) Longoria, Son
- Genoveva (Orlando) Longoria-Garcia, Mother
- Hortencia Martinez, Mother-in-Law
- Luis Longoria, Brother
- Roland (JoAnn) Martinez, Brother-in-Law
- Yliana Martinez, God-Daughter
- Rafael Longoria, Father
- Penny Longoria, Sister
- Hipolito "Polo" Martinez, Father-in-Law
- Carlos Hinojosa, Cousin
- Jessica Longoria, Niece
- Numerous Aunts, Uncle, and Cousins, Family
- Mr. Longoria also leaves behind to cherish his memories, numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and a host of family and friends.
- Visitation Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Interment Tuesday, December 4, 2018