Hector A. Rivas
June 4, 1942 – January 2, 2020
Hector A. Rivas, 77, of Corpus Christi, Texas, passed away January 2, 2020. He was born in Kingsville, Texas on June 4, 1942. He had a passion for bingo, playing cards and cooking. He was preceded in death by parents: Antonio Rivas and Guadalupe Rivas; sisters: Lydia Barrera, Berta Naranjo, Angelina Sanchez, Maggie Ramirez; brothers: Jesus Rivas, Oscar Rivas, Gilberto Rivas. He is survived by his partner in life: Rene Mauricio Guevarra, His children: Thelma (J.R.) Rodriguez, Edna (Oscar) Mariscal, and Larry (Tracie) Ybarra; grandchildren, Melinda De La Paz, Ernie (Emily) De La Paz, Roman De La Paz, Jordyn (Christiana) Rodriguez, Jaryd Rodriguez, Lorin Ybarra, Natalie Yabarra, and Joshua Yabarra; great-grandchildren, Katelyn Herrera, Preslie Garcia, Eleanor De La Paz, Emelia De La Paz, Ezekiel De La Paz and Noah Grace Rodriguez. Visitation will be on Thursday, January 9, 2020 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. with a Rosary at 7:00 p.m. at Cage-Mills Funeral Directors, 4901 Everhart Road, Corpus Christi, Texas 78411. Funeral Mass at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, 5830 Williams Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78412 at 10:00 a.m. followed by Interment at Memory Gardens Memorial Park Cemetery.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at: www.cagemillsfuneraldirectors.com
- Antonio Perez Rivas, Father (deceased)
- Guadalupe Arredondo Rivas, Mother (deceased)
- Lydia Barrera, Sister (deceased)
- Berta Naranjo, Sister (deceased)
- Angelina Sanchez, Sister (deceased)
- Jesus Rivas, Brother (deceased)
- Gilbert Rivas, Brother (deceased)
- Oscar Rivas, Brother (deceased)
- Maggie Ramirez, Sister (deceased)
- Rey Rivas, Brother
- Elia Ybarra, Sister
- Thelma (J.R.) Rodriguez, Daughter
- Edna (Oscar) Mariscal, Daughter
- Larry (Tracie) Ybarra, Son
- Melinda DeLaPaz, Grandchild
- Ernie DeLaPaz, Grandchild
- Roman DeLaPaz, Grandchild
- Jordyn Rodriguez, Grandchild
- Jaryd Rodriguez, Grandchild
- Lorin Ybarra, Grandchild
- Natalie Ybarra, Grandchild
- Joshua Ybarra, Grandchild
- Rene Mauricio Guevarra, Partner in life
- Mr. Rivas also leaves six great-grandchildren, Katelyn Herrera, Preslie Garcia, Eleanor DeLaPaz, Emelia DeLaPaz, Ezekiel DeLaPaz, and Noah Grace Rodriguez to cherish his memory. . .
- Ernie DeLaPaz, Active Pallbearer
- Roman DeLaPaz, Active Pallbearer
- Jaryd Rodriguez, Active Pallbearer
- Joel Cantu, Active Pallbearer
- John Quintanilla, Active Pallbearer
- Ruben Rivas, Active Pallbearer
No services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
Hector A. Rivas
January 9, 2020
Hector was a long time customer at El Mercado Bingo.We are truly sorry for the loss of such a great man. We have a lot of great memories to cherish here. Rest in peace Hector.
The El Mercado Bingo Family
January 6, 2020
I just want to Express my deepest condolences to Ms. Edna and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.