Jose Efrain Meza Sr.
October 16, 1931 – October 28, 2018
Jose Efrain Meza, Sr. was born on October 16, 1931, and passed away on October 28, 2018, at the age of 87. He was born in Laredo, Texas to the late Jose Trinidad and Maria Del Refugio Meza. He will be dearly missed by his family, friends and all whose lives he touched. He was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. Jose was a proud veteran who served with the United States Air Force, Fifth Air Force, during the Korean War conflict, where he was a Senior Cryptographer Operator. Jose had a passion for fishing and could often be found fishing on Corpus Christi Bay. Jose was the manager of the Oil Industries Building, and the Nueces Building until his retirement in 2000. Jose is preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Consuelo R. Dubose; and his grandson, Gabriel Meza. He leaves his loving memories to his beloved wife of 63 years, Aurora V. Meza; sister, Maria Hortencia Espinoza and his sister-in-law, Alma V. Contreras; children, Raquel Zuniga (Ramon), Rosalinda Meza Sabedra, Dr. Elsa Meza Zaragosa (John), Jose E. Meza, Jr. (Cynthia), Javier Meza (Donna); grandchildren, Sandra, Nicole, Daniel, Jason, Benjamin, Gabriella, Amber, Matthew, Andrea, Lauren; numerous great grandchildren, nieces and nephews and his loyal pet, Bandi. Visitation will be held at Memory Gardens Funeral Home on Sunday, November 4, 2018, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with a Rosary to be recited at 7:00 p.m. Funeral Mass will be held at Christ the King Catholic Church on Monday November 5, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. with interment to follow at the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery. The family would like to thank Dr. Robert Webster, Dr. Jacqueline Cohn, Dr. Robert Madry and Cimarron Place staff for their care and support and to the Valencia Bingo staff for all the joy they brought to him. “Gone Fishing”
- Aurora V. Meza, Wife
- Maria Hortencia Espinoza, Sister
- Alma V. Contreras, Sister-in-law
- Raquel Zuniga (Ramon), Daughter
- Rosalinda Meza Sabedra, Daughter
- Dr. Elsa Meza Zaragosa (John), Daughter
- Jose E. Meza, Jr. (Cynthia), Son
- Javier Meza (Donna), Son
- Sandra, Nicole, Daniel, Jason, Benjamin, Gabriella, Amber, Matthew, Andrea and Lauren, Grandchildren
- Jose Trinidad and Maria Del Refugio Meza, Parents
- Consuelo R. Dubose, Daughter
- Gabriel Meza, Grandson
- Mr Meza also leaves behind numerous great grandchildren, nieces and nephews and his loyal pet, Bandi to cherish his memory.
- Visitation Sunday, November 4, 2018
- Holy Rosary Sunday, November 4, 2018
- Funeral Mass Monday, November 5, 2018
- Interment Monday, November 5, 2018
Jose Efrain Meza Sr.
Rosalinda Meza Sabedra
November 11, 2018
Jose E. Meza, Sr. will remain in my heart and memory as long as I live. Thank you for all the support and love you gave me. Dad, Happy Veteran's Day. May you rest inpeace.