Julia G. Medina
January 2, 1931 – November 3, 2019
Julia G. Medina, a wonderful, faithful wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother passed away peacefully in her home, surrounded by her loved ones, on November 3, 2019.
Julia Garza Medina was born in Corpus Christi, Texas on January 2, 1931 to Maria C. Valdez and Santos Garza.
She attended school at Cheston Heath, Northside, Roy Miller High School (Class of 1952), Durham and Del Mar College. She started to work when she was 11 years old at Texas Laundry and other laundries in town. She was a cashier and sales lady at Kresses, Levines, Fedway and Supermex on Old Robstown Rd.
She is preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, Cirildo and Abel Garza; son, Nicholas Medina III; son-in law, Daniel Walters and great-grandson, Tristan Medina.
She leaves behind her husband, Nicolas Medina Jr; two daughters, Nancy Elizondo (Enrique), Cindy Walters; one son, Norman Medina (Patricia); 14 grandchildren and 13 great- grandchildren.
Visitation will be held at Funeraria del Angel Memorial Holly on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm with a Holy Rosary to be recited at 7:00 pm that same evening.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church on Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 10:00 am with interment to follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery.
To offer condolences please visit www.funerariadelangelmholly.com
- Maria C. Valdez and Santos Garza, Parents (deceased)
- Cirildo Garza, Brother (deceased)
- Abel Garza, Brother (deceased)
- Nicholas Medina III, Son (deceased)
- Daniel Walters, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Tristan Medina, Great Grandson (deceased)
- Nicolas Medina Jr., Husband
- Nancy Elizondo (Enrique, Daughter
- Cindy Walters, Daughter
- Norman Medina (Patricia), Son
- Julia also leaves behind her 14 grandchildren and 13 great- grandchildren.
- Visitation Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Holy Rosary Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Funeral Mass Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Interment Thursday, November 7, 2019
Julia G. Medina
November 6, 2019
So sorry for your loss Nick, Cindy, Nancy and Norman. My prayers are with you,
"May the constant Love, Caring of friends, soften your sadness. May cherished memories bring you moments of comfort. May lasting peace surround your grieving heart".