Mary Salgado Garza
April 2, 1943 – January 3, 2020
Mary Salgado Garza, age 76, of Corpus Christi, TX, passed away on January 3, 2020.
She was born on April 2, 1943 to Refugio and Josefa Salgado in Allenfarm, TX.
She is preceded in death by her parents; brother, Ramon Salgado and granddaughter, Crystal Garza.
Mary is survived by her husband, Enrique V. Garza; children, Letecia Garza Villa, Henry (Teresa) Garza, Esmerejilda (Robert) Cosper, Edward (Margie) Garza, Larry (Carmen) Garza and Christina (Edward) Nunez; siblings, Anita Garcia, Elida (Doroteo) Quintanilla, Guadalupe (Emilia) Salgado, Refugio (San Juana) Salgado Jr. and Josefa M. Salgado; 27 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren.
Family will be receiving friends on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at Memory Gardens Funeral Home from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm with a Holy Rosary at 7:00 pm.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Thursday, January 9, 2020 at Holy Family Catholic Church at 1:00 pm. Interment will follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy for the Garza family may be shared at www.MemoryGardensFuneralHome.com.
- Enrique V. Garza, Husband
- Letecia Garza Villa, Daughter
- Henry Garza (Teresa), Son
- Esmerejilda Cosper (Robert), Daughter
- Edward Garza (Margie), Son
- Larry Garza (Carmen), Son
- Christina Nunez (Edward), Daughter
- Anita Garcia, Sister
- Elida Quintanilla (Doroteo), Sister
- Guadalupe Salgado (Emilia), Brother
- Refugio Salgado Jr. (San Juana), Brother
- Josefa M. Salgado, Sister
- Refugio and Josefa Salgado, Parents (deceased)
- Ramon Salgado, Brother (deceased)
- Crystal Garza, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Mrs. Garza also leaves 27 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Wednesday, January 8, 2020
- Holy Rosary Wednesday, January 8, 2020
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Interment Thursday, January 9, 2020
Mary Salgado Garza
January 6, 2020
My Condolences to the family. I have nothing but sweet memories of Maria. They were neighbors as we were growing up and later in life Mom and I would make sure we stop and visit her and Enrique on our trips from California. I stopped in Oct.2019, she was ill but greeted us with a warm smile and hug. We talk about family. She was a true friend. My parents loved them dearly. She will now be rejoicing with them inn her new life. RIP , you will truly be missed. Love and prayers to the family.
January 5, 2020
Been so long since I've seen Maria,gosh it had to hv been in the late 70s
Or 80s.Tia Chata was still alive.
Saw her at Tias house, myTia called her to tell her i was in Corpus visiting from Alaska. She came right away and as always had that warm, comforting smile and loving hugs.
You were a good memory in my life Maria Garza. say hello to myTia Chata and your father,but most ofcall say hello to my mother Lupita Gonzalez Bustos someone you were very close to.
Dora Elia Bustos