Natalia "Nellie" Maldonado Cano Voight
July 3, 1920 – April 9, 2019
Natalia “Nellie” Maldonado Cano Voight of Corpus Christi, TX, went to be with her Lord and Savior on April 9, 2019. Nellie was born in Caldwell County, Texas on July 3, 1920, to Vidal C. “Willie” Maldonado and Vencelada Limon Maldonado.
Nellie was an active member of The Salvation Army for over forty years. She loved to talk about it and was so proud to be a member. She loved going to Church and Worship. She loved to garden, taking care of flowers and plants. She loved the wildlife that came with being outside, especially birds. She loved to watch baby Kittens play. She loved to go and play Chalupa with her friends. She loved Lemon Pie! Nellie also loved her family very much. She loved talking and visiting with them. She loved holding the little babies and watching the smaller children laughing and playing. She loved the phone calls and the visits.
Nellie is survived by her loving children, Julian Cano of Rosharon, TX, Carmen Gallegos of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Rosa Lee Voight Ramon (Mario) of Houston, TX; grandchildren, Julian Cano Jr, Connie Mendoza (Lee) of Lockhart, Texas, Roy, Johnny, Connie, Rosario and Olga, all of Wisconsin, Mario Ramon of Houston, and Alva Ramon; 28 great-grandchildren and 7 great-great grandchildren; nieces, Magdalena Zamora (Luis) of Corpus Christi, Felipa Gongora (Jack) of Killeen, Sandy Upshaw of Georgia, Gloria Cedillo (Johnny) Crystal City, Hilda Fuentes (Edward) of Pflugerville, Ruth Nava of Lockhart, Estela M Torres of Grand Prairie, Angelina T Moncada of Grand Prairie, Anita T Salinas of South Dakota, Maria Inez T Gallegos of Crystal City, Rosa T Alonzo of Crystal City, San Juana T Gallegos of Crystal City, Suse T Rodriguez of Crystal City TX, and Genoveva T Lopez (Rudy) of Grafton ND; nephews, Eri M Torres of Crystal City, Rosendo M Torres of Crystal City, Jesus M Torres of Crystal City, Raul M Torres (Juana) of Crookston MN, Frankie M Torres of Crystal City, Manuel Maldonado Jr (Lydia) and Marcos Maldonado.
Nellie is preceded in death by her parents and spouses, Catarino Hernandez Cano and Willie Cornelius Voight; sisters, Guadalupe Maldonado Cruz, Anselma Rosa Maldonado Cruz Torres; brother, Manuel Limon Maldonado, grandson, Lorenzo Cano; nephews, Manuel M. Torres, Jorge M Torres, and nieces, Angelita Cruz Terrazas and Mary Louise Maldonado.
A special thanks to David Deases for all of the help and support he has given to Natalia during the years as her neighbor and friend, and to Nena Zamora for watching over and helping taking care of her Tia all of these years, and to Dina Moreno for the extra help during the last few months.
Visitation will be held Monday, April 15, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Cage-Mills Funeral Directors, 4901 Everhart Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78411.
Continued visitation will be held Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at Salvation Army at 1:15 pm with Funeral service to follow at 2:00 pm at Salvation Army, 1802 Buford Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 with interment to follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery, 8200 Old Brownsville Road, Corpus Christi, Texas 78415.
To offer condolences please visit www.cagemillsfuneraldirectors.com
- Julian Cano, Son
- Carmen Gallegos, Daughter
- Rosa Lee Voight Ramon (Mario), Daughter
- Julian Cano Jr., Grandchild
- Connie Mendoza (Lee), Grandchild
- Roxy, Johnny, Connie, Rosario and Olga, Grandchildren
- Mario Ramon, Grandchild
- Alva Ramon, Grandchild
- Magdalena Zamora (Luis), Niece
- Felipa Gongora (Jack), Niece
- Sandy Upshaw, Niece
- Gloria Cedillo (Johnny), Niece
- Hilda Fuentes (Edward), Niece
- Ruth Nava, Niece
- Estela M. Torres, Niece
- Angelia T. Moncada, Niece
- Anita T. Salinas, Niece
- Maria Inez T. Gallegos, Niece
- Rosa T. Alonzo, Niece
- San Juana T. Gallegos, Niece
- Suse T. Rodriguez, Niece
- Genoveva T. Lopez (Rudy), Niece
- Eri M. Torres, Nephew
- Rosendo M. Torres, Nephew
- Jesus M. Torres, Nephew
- Raul M. Torres (Juana), Nephew
- Frankie M. Torres, Nephew
- Manuel Maldonado Jr. (Lydia), Nephew
- Marcos Maldonado, Nephew
- Vidal C. "Willie" Maldonado and Vencelada Limon Maldonado, Parents
- Catarino Hernandez Cano, Spouse
- Willie Cornelius Voight, Spouse
- Guadalupe Maldonaldo Cruz, Sister
- Anselva Rosa Maldonado Cruz Torres, Sister
- Manuel Limon Maldonado, Brother
- Lorenzo Cano, Grandson
- Manuel M. Torres, Nephew
- Jorge M. Torres, Nephew
- Angelita Cruz Terrazas, Niece
- Mary Louise Maldonado, Niece
- Visitation Monday, April 15, 2019
- Continued Visitation Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Interment Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Natalia "Nellie" Maldonado Cano Voight
April 12, 2019
I remember visiting Tia in Corpus Christi. You were always full of life and laughter. You shared stories of my grandma Rosa, your sister, when you were both young. I'll miss you and love you Tia.