Nicanora G. Valdez
March 24, 1927 – April 11, 2019
Nicanora G. Valdez, age 92, of Taft, Texas, passed away on Thursday, April 11, 2019. Nicanora was born March 24, 1927, in Goliad, Texas to the late Rafael Garcia Sr. and Juanita Vega Garcia.
She was married to Adolfo M. Valdez Sr. on October 12, 1940. Nicanora was a member of Holy Family Church and had a passion for crocheting and reading her Catholic missals.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Adolfo M. Valdez Sr.; son and daughter-in-law, Adolfo Jr. and Marie Valdez; daughter and son-in-law, Janie and Johnny Rodriguez; son-in-law, Gerald W. Sohn and granddaughter, Arlene M. Acosta.
Nicanora is survived by her daughters, Lucinda V. Sohn and Rachal V. (Wyman) Crawley; grandchildren, Nicanora Sohn, Arturo Acosta Jr., Austin Valdez, B. J. Valdez, Jessica Juanita Sohn, Amber M. Acosta, Rubee Torres, Adolfo J. Valdez and Andres Montemayor; 21 great-grandchildren and a sister, Filomena "Trudy" Garza.
Visitation will be held on Monday, April 15, 2019 from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Holy Family Catholic Church, 646 McIntyre Ave., Taft, Texas, with a Holy Rosary to be recited at 7:00 pm.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 10:00 am at Holy Family Catholic Church, 646 McIntyre Ave., Taft, Texas. Interment to follow at Gregory Cemetery, S. Gregory, Gregory, Texas.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.FunerariaDelAngelCC.com for the Valdez family.
- Lucinda V. Sohn, Daughter
- Rachal V. (Wyman) Crawley, Daughter
- Nicanora Sohn, Grandchild
- Arturo Acosta Jr., Grandchild
- Austin Valdez, Grandchild
- B. J. Valdez, Grandchild
- Jessica Juanita Sohn, Grandchild
- Amber M. Acosta, Grandchild
- Rubee Torres, Grandchild
- Adolfo J. Valdez, Grandchild
- Andres Montemayor, Grandchild
- Filomena "Trudy" Garza, Sister
- Rafael Garcia Sr. and Juanita Vega Garcia, Parents
- Adolfo M. Valdez Sr., Husband
- Adolfo Jr. and Marie Valdez, Son and daughter-in-law
- Janie and Johnny Rodriguez, Daughter and son-in-law
- Gerald W. Sohn, Son-in-law
- Arlene M. Acosta, Granddaughter
- Mrs. Valdez also leaves 21 great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Monday, April 15, 2019
- Holy Rosary Monday, April 15, 2019
- Funeral Mass Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Interment Tuesday, April 16, 2019