December 2, 1940 – April 6, 2018
Pauline Surginer passed away on April 6, 2018 after a lengthy illness. She was 77. She was born in Uvalde, Texas on December 2, 1940. She will be dearly missed by all who loved her. Pauline was a beloved wife, mother and grandmother. She was a strong woman who fought through her illness for a long time. Pauline loved life to the fullest and enjoyed many trips traveling and seeing the world. She will be remembered of her love to fish. She is preceded in death by her parents, Maude and Charles Willman Newman; sisters, Georgie Gravel, Mertle Crossland; and her brother, David Newman. Pauline leaves her loving memories to her beloved husband E.L. Surginer and would’ve celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in June; her sons, E.L. Surginer Jr. (Sandra), Charles Thomas Surginer (Patricia Anne); ten grandchildren; ten great grandchildren; brother, Charles Newman Jr.; and numerous Christian brothers and sisters. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Memory Gardens Funeral Home. Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. at Memory Gardens Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery.
- Maude and Charles Willman Newman, Parents
- Georgie Gravel, Sister
- Mertle Crossland, Sister
- David Newman, Brother
- E. L. Surginer, Husband
- E. L. Surginer Jr. (Sandra), Son
- Charles Thomas Surginer (Patricia Anne), Son
- Charles Newman Jr., Brother
- Mrs. Surginer also leaves ten grandchildren, ten great-grandchildren and numerous Christian brothers and sisters to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, April 11, 2018