Robert M Gossett
December 18, 1929 – May 10, 2019
Rev. Gossett, Born December 18, 1929 departed this life May 10, 2019 at the age of 89. Enlisted in the U.S. Air Force on October 25, 1951, serving in the Chaplain section until honorably discharged on November 3, 1953.
Using the G.I. Bill, he entered Baylor University, Waco, TX, to complete his senior year. He entered Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth TX on December 15, 1955, and did graduate studies, toward a Bachelor of Divinity Degree. In addition to his B.A. degree from Baylor Univ, Bestowed November 1955.
Rev. Gossett was pastor of several Baptist churches in Texas and Oklahoma. Brother Gossett received Christ as his savior in a revival in Northside Baptist Church, in Wichita Falls, TX at the age of 8 years, in 1938. He is the author of a religious novel, and three children’s story books.
He met his future wife, Shirley Ann Walton, on the campus of the Seminary, and they were married September 12, 1958. She preceded him in death November 8, 1973.
Reverend Gossett is survived by four sons: Reverend Paul Martin Gossett (wife Ivonna), Claremore, Oklahoma; Retired U.S. Army Major Gary Don Gossett (wife Candi), Anniston, Alabama; Edwin Alan Gossett (wife Rosanna), Corpus Christi, TX and Retired U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Michael Dean Gossett (wife Betty), Copperas Cove, TX. He survived by one grandson Brandon Alan Gossett, Corpus Christi, TX, one granddaughter, Katelin Gossett, Anniston, Alabama, three step grandsons, Eddie Moore, Eric Moore and Jason Moore of Claremore, Oklahoma, 3 step granddaughters, Jasmine Hardiman, Avirl Banks and Yoshanda Sanders all of Temple, TX.
Visitation will be held at Cage Mills Funeral Directors on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. with Funeral Service to begin at 12:30 p.m. followed by Burial at Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery with Full Military Honors at 2:00 p.m.
- Reverend Paul (Ivonna) Martin Gossett, Son
- Major Gary (Candi) Don Gossett, Son
- Edwin (Rosanna) Alan Gossett, Son
- Staff Sargeant Michael (Betty) Dean Gossett, Son
- Brandon Alan Gossett, Grandson
- Joshua Gossett, Step-Grandson
- Eddie Moore, Step-Grandson
- Eric Moore, Step-Grandson
- Jason Moore, Step-Grandson
- Katelin Gossett, Granddaughter
- Jasmine Hardiman, Step-Granddaughter
- Avirl Banks, Step-Granddaughter
- Yoshanda Sanders, Step-Granddaughter
- Mr. Gossett also leaves numerous nieces and nephews to cherish his memory.