August 28, 1937 – August 7, 2018
Robert Soto, 80, of Corpus Christi, passed away on August 7, 2018.
He was born in Corpus Christi on August 28, 1937.
Robert graduated from Roy Miller High School and received his Associates Degree from Del Mar College. He was married to Gloria Soto on March 13, 1964.
Robert was a member of the Honorary Society and had a passion for football and golf. He was a veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
Robert retired from the Corpus Christi Caller Times as Department manager for 45 years. He started in the production department in the 60’s and went on to play a major part in the success of the company.
He was a very dedicated employee leading to his promotions. Robert was very well liked by his employees and peers.
He was a dedicated husband, son and brother and will be greatly missed.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Simon Soto and Margarita Soto and siblings, Jose (Joey) Soto, Rosario (Rosie) Soto and Ceclia Trevino.
He is survived by his wife, Gloria B. Soto; nieces, Annette Hundley, Veronica Wilson; sister in laws, Maria Perez, Teresa Quintanilla, Sylvia Barrera, Ninfa Torres, Victoria Serrata, Mary Jane Barrientes and brother in law, Atilano Barrientes Jr.
Visitation will be held on Sunday, August 12, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Funeraria Del Angel Memorial Holly with a Holy Rosary to be recited at 7:00 p.m. that same evening.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church. Burial will take place at a later time.
Online condolences may be offered at www.funerariadelangelmholly.com
- Simon Soto and Margarita Soto, Parents
- Jose (Joey) Soto, Brother
- Rosario (Rosie) Soto, Sister
- Gloria B. Soto, Wife
- Annette Hundley, Niece
- Veronica Wilson, Niece
- Maria Perez, Sister-in-law
- Teresa Quintanilla, Sister-in-law
- Sylvia Barrera, Sister-in-law
- Ninfa Torres, Sister-in-law
- Victoria Serrata, Sister-in-law
- Mary Jane Barrientes, Sister-in-law
- Atilano Barrientes Jr., Brother-in-law
- Visitation Sunday, August 12, 2018
- Holy Rosary Sunday, August 12, 2018
- Funeral Mass Monday, August 13, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY