Sylvia Z Benavides
November 27, 1932 – July 1, 2019
It is with great sorrows that the family of Sylvia Z. Benavides announces her passing on July 1, 2019 at the age of 86 years.
She was born on November 27, 1932 to the late Jesus O. Zepeda and Teresa S. Zepeda. Sylvia enjoyed spending time with family and will be remembered as a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
She is preceded in death by her parents; grandsons, Paul Henry Benavides and Daniel Benavides, Jr.; sister, Laura Quinones and brothers, Victor Zepeda, Ernest Zepeda and Arnold Zepeda. Sylvia is survived by her loving husband of 67 years, Corando V. Benavides; sons, Henry C. Benavides, Daniel (Rosemary G.) Benavides and Albert Benavides; daughters, Delia (DeeDee) Z. Benavides and Brenda A. Benavides. Also surviving are 13 grandchildren, 7 great-grandchildren, 7 brothers and sister and many other extended family members.
Public visitation will be from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12, 2019 at Funeraria Del Angel Memorial Holly, 3442 Holly Road with a rosary to be recited at 7:00 p.m. that same evening.
Rites of a Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 13, 2019 at Most Precious Catholic Church.
Interment will follow at Rose Hill Memorial Park.
Due to Corando’s health, there will be no post-funeral reception.
Special Thank-you to Dora Lisa Reyna for spiritual guidance and holy communion; loving care provided by Opus Care of Texas Staff; Veronica Miranda-home care provider and Janet Altamirano-home care provider until the end.
Pallbearers to honor her will be Albert Benavides, Daniel Benavides, Mark A. Benavides, Ian P. Fairchild, Brendan Ysaguirre, III and Matthew C. Benavides.
To offer condolences please visit www.funerariadelangelmholly.com
- Jesus O. Zepeda and Teresa S. Zepeda, Parents
- Paul Henry Benavides, Grandson
- Daniel Benavides Jr., Grandson
- Laura Quinones, Sister
- Victor Zepeda, Brother
- Ernest Zepeda, Brother
- Arnold Zepeda, Brother
- Corando V. Benavides, Husband
- Henry C. Benavides, Son
- Daniel (Rosemary G.) Benavides, Son
- Albert Benavides, Son
- Delia (DeeDee) Z. Benavides, Daughter
- Brenda A. Benavides, Daughter
- Mrs. Benavides also leaves behind her 13 grandchildren, 7 great-grandchildren, 7 brothers and sister and many other extended family members.
- Visitation Friday, July 12, 2019
- Holy Rosary Friday, July 12, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Interment Saturday, July 13, 2019