John "Jack" Francis Belou Jr.
August 17, 1926 – February 6, 2020
John “Jack” Francis Belou Jr., age 93, was called by our heavenly Father at his residence surrounded by his loving family on Thursday afternoon, February 6, 2020 in River Ridge. He was born and lived most of his life in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was a resident of St. Bernard Parish for 10 years and, most recently, a resident of Covington for the last 12 years. He loved traveling with his wife; together they visited 48 of the 50 states and enjoyed countless cruises. Jack was extremely welcoming and made friends with everyone he encountered. He was an accomplished accountant, and retired from the University of New Orleans Accounts Payables Department. His deep faith led him to Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church where he was a Parishioner and volunteered in the parish office. He was the beloved husband of the late Evelyn Tamor Belou. Loving father of three sons: Kenneth J. Belou (Julie), Michael W. Belou (Susan), and David C. Belou. He was a wonderful grandfather to seven grandchildren: Kortney Belou Treuting (Robert), Kenneth J. Belou Jr. (Marley), Katie Belou Kirkwood (Chris), Victoria R. Belou, Sarah E. Belou, Zachary D. Belou (Mary), and Madison M. Belou. He was also the great-grandfather of Adaelia, Mark, Camille, Annie, Caleb, Everett, Daniel, and Maren. Brother-in-law of Linda and the late Gary Kuhn. Uncle of Kerri Pittari (Nick), Christine Perez (Henry), and Marcus Kuhn (Tracy). Son of the late John Belou Sr. and Victoria Mayer Belou. Relatives and friends of the family, as well as all parishioners of Most Holy Trinity, are invited for visitation at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 501 Holy Trinity Drive, Covington on Monday, February 10, 2020 at 10:30 A.M. followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 12:00 P.M.. Graveside burial services will follow in St. Roch Cemetery No. 2 in New Orleans. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church, where he faithfully devoted so much of his time. An online guestbook is available at www.gracenorthshore.com.
- Evelyn Tamor Belou, Wife (deceased)
- Kenneth J. Belou (Julie), Son
- Michael W. Belou (Susan), Son
- David C. Belou, Son
- Kortney Belou Treuting (Robert), Granddaughter
- Kenneth J. Belou, Jr. (Marley), Grandson
- Katie Belou Kirkwood (Chris), Granddaughter
- Victoria R. Belou, Granddaughter
- Sarah E. Belou, Granddaughter
- Zachary D. Belou (Mary), Grandson
- Madison M. Belou, Granddaughter
- Adaelia, Great Granddaughter
- Mark, Great Grandson
- Camille, Great Granddaughter
- Annie, Great Granddaughter
- Caleb, Great Grandson
- Everett, Great Grandson
- Daniel, Great Grandson
- Maren, Great Granddaughter
- Linda Kuhn, Sister-in-law
- Gary Kuhn, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Kerri Pittari (Nick), Niece
- Christine Perez (Henry), Niece
- Marcus Kuhn (Tracy), Nephew
- John Belou, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Victoria Mayer Belou, Mother (deceased)
- Visitation Monday, February 10, 2020
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, February 10, 2020
John "Jack" Francis Belou Jr.
February 10, 2020
On behalf of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart Alumni Association and Brother Martin High School, I offer our prayers and condolences. We will say a Mass in his memory.
Kenny Spellman ’84
Brother Martin High School
February 8, 2020
He was just so appreciative of life and of every day things! He always had a beaming smile to give! He will be truly missed!