June 24, 1932 – June 22, 2020
Lorraine McGrath (nee Balisteri), 87, passed away on June 22, 2020. She was born on June 24. She was the loving wife of the late Matthew Edward McGrath. Lorraine was the devoted mother of Patrick (Jayne) McGrath and Nancy Brady (Wayne Leppla). She was the proud grandmother of 7 and great-grandmother of 14. She was the sister of Scott (Jodi) Nelson. Fond Aunt and friend to many. She is preceded in death by her parents: Harold and Nancy Nelson; and her brothers: Joseph Nelson and Frank Balisteri. Service and burial are private and entrusted to Querhammer & Flagg Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Pinky Swear, https://www.pinkyswear.org/donate. For information call the Funeral Home, (815) 459-1760.
- Matthew Edward McGrath, Husband (deceased)
- Patrick McGrath (Jayne), son
- Nancy Brady (Wayne Leppla), Daughter
- Scott Nelson (Jodi), Brother
- Harold Nelson, Father (deceased)
- Nancy Nelson, Mother (deceased)
- Joseph Nelson, Brother (deceased)
- Frank Balisteri, Brother (deceased)
- She was also the proud grandmother of 7 and great-grandmother of 14. Fond Aunt and friend to many.
- Pinky Swear Foundation
No public services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
June 26, 2020
Lorraine always had a big smile on her face, a fun laugh, and a wonderful family story. She was always so thoughtful and loving. My heart aches that these necessary Covid Protocols, her memory issues and general health left her separated from family at the end. We are so sorry for your loss!! You are all in our thoughts and prayers.