Charles "Pop" Walter Fox Jr.
June 9, 1925 – March 31, 2018
On Saturday, March 31, 2018, Charles Walter Fox, Jr., 92, departed this earthly life and moved into his Heavenly Home, meeting his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Charlie was born in South Carolina to the late Charles W. Fox, Sr. and Haney Watkins Fox. He retired from Carolina Freight Motor Lines. He dearly loved his family and was a patriotic member of the greatest generation, a WWII Navy Veteran who fought in both the Atlantic and Pacific fronts during the war.
Charlie loved his church, Holy Communion Lutheran, where he served the Lord faithfully for many years.
He loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter and fisherman. He raised beagles for Brace Field Trials for many years, with several champion dogs, and cherished the friendships forged with fellow beaglers.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Ann Edison Fox, his brother Raymond Fox, his sisters, Helen Fox Wheless and Sara Fox Hoffman, and best friend Mary Brown Robinson.
Left to cherish his memory include his daughter, Sandra Fox Holland (Gary), his son Charles (Chuck) W. Fox, III (Sharon), his sister, Pauline Fox DeMartino, three grandchildren – Jeff Holland (Nicole), Seth Fox (Kolleen), Carla Ann Barbour (Vince) and eight great-grandchildren: Taylor Ann Holland, Josh Holland, Zach Holland, Victoria Barbour, Joseph Barbour, Luke Barbour, Cohan and Cael Fox, and dedicated friend and care giver Julie Frye.
A service celebrating the life of Charlie will be held at Holy Communion Lutheran Church, Dallas on Wednesday, April 4 at 2:30pm. Visitation will be held at the church prior to the funeral from 1:00 to 2:30pm. Interment with full military honors will follow in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Holy Communion Lutheran Church, Dallas, NC.
Arrangements are entrusted to Carothers Funeral Home of Dallas.
- Hannie Watkins Fox, Mother
- Charles W. Fox Sr., Father
- Ann Edison Fox, Wife
- Sandra Fox Holland and husband Gary, Daughter
- Charles (Chuck) W. Fox and wife Sharon III, Son
- Helen Fox Wheless, Sister
- Sara Fox Hoffman, Sister
- Pauline Fox DeMartino, Sister
- Raymond Fox, Brother
- Jeff Holland and wife Nicole, Grandson
- Seth Fox and wife Kolleen, Grandson
- Carla Ann Barbour and husband Vince, Granddaughter
- Taylor Ann Holland, Great Granddaughter
- Josh Holland, Great Grandson
- Zach Holland, Great Grandson
- Victoria Barbour, Great Granddaughter
- Joseph Barbour, Great Grandson
- Luke Barbour, Great Grandson
- Cohan Fox, Great Grandson
- Cael Fox, Great Grandson
- Mary Brown Robinson, Best Friend
- Julie Frye, Dedicated Friend and Care Giver
- Vince Barbour
- Jeff Holland
- Seth Fox
- Joshua Holland
- Joseph Barbour
- Luke Barbour
- Zachary Holland
- Cohan Fox
- Cael Fox
- Taylor Ann Holland, Honorary
- Victoria Barbour, Honorary
Holy Communion Lutheran Church
103 W. Church Street, Dallas, North Carolina 28034
- Receiving of Friends Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Celebration of Life Service Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Committal Service with Full Military Honors Wednesday, April 4, 2018