Keith Dewitt Paysour
January 11, 1928 – July 8, 2019
Keith Dewitt Paysour, age 91, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Monday ~ July 8, 2019 at Peak Resources in Cherryville, North Carolina. He worked as a lineman for Southern Bell (Bell South) for 32 years. Dewitt had a passion for woodworking and restoring old furniture to include pump organs. He passed on that tradition and passion to his grandsons. He is going to be greatly missed by his family and friends.
Those left behind to cherish Dewitt's memories and carry on his legacy are his daughter: Betty Paysour of Dallas, North Carolina; son and daughter in law: Keith Brenton and Michelle Paysour of Lincolnton, North Carolina; brother and sister in law: Leon and Nancy Pasour of Dallas, North Carolina; four grandchildren; Bryan and Karla Paysour, Jason and Angela Paysour, Kevin Reid and David Reid; ten great grandchildren and six great-great grandchildren also survive.
Dewitt was the son of the late Hugh L. Pasour and Bryte Shuford Pasour. He was also preceded in death by his wife Adelaide Frye Paysour of 60 years who passed away in 2011 and a son, Lewis Paysour and brother Harold Pasour.
A Celebration of Life will be held at 3:00 PM, Thursday ~ July 11, 2019 at Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 103 West Church Street, Dallas, North Carolina with Reverend George L. Rhyne officiating. Active pallbearers are Reid Simms, Greg Carter, Ronnie Steelman, Cole Paysour, Lee Paysour and Ben Paysour. Honorary pallbearers are Kenny Paysour, Alexander Haley, Kevin Reid and David Reid.
Graveside and committal will follow in the Holy Communion Lutheran Church Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 1:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 103 West Church Street, Dallas, North Carolina 28034.
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Dewitt's guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomedallas.com
Dallas Funeral Home is honored to be serving the family of Dewitt Paysour.
- Betty Paysour, Daughter
- Keith Brenton Paysour, Son
- Michelle Paysour, Daughter-in-law
- Leon Pasour, Brother
- Nancy Pasour, Sister-in-law
- Bryan Paysour, Grandson
- Karla Paysour, Granddaughter in law
- Jason Paysour, Grandson
- Angela Paysour, Granddaughter in law
- Kevin Reid, Grandson
- David Reid, Grandson
- Adelaide Frye Paysour, Wife Deceased
- Lewis Paysour, Son Deceased
- Harold Pasour, Brother Deceased
- Hugh L. Pasour, Father Deceased
- Bryte Shuford Pasour, Mother Deceased
- Ten great grandchildren and six great-great grandchildren also survive.
- Reid Simms
- Greg Carter
- Ronnie Steelman
- Cole Paysour
- Lee Paysour
- Ben Paysour
- Kenny Paysour, Honorary Pallbearer
- Alexander Haley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kevin Reid , Honorary Pallbearer
- David Reid, Honorary Pallbearer
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to Holy Communion Lutheran Church.
103 West Church Street, Dallas, North Carolina 28034
- Visitation Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Celebration of Life Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Graveside and Committal Service Thursday, July 11, 2019