Kizzie Hargett Beam
June 8, 1939 – February 18, 2020
'She Loved Gardening and Her Flowers'
Kizzie Hargett Beam, age 80, went to be with her Lord and Savior with her loving family by her side on Tuesday ~ February 18, 2020 at the Trinity Ridge Nursing Home in Hickory, North Carolina. A collector of salt and pepper shakers, Kizzie had a large collection of these items. She loved the beach and ocean. Kizzie was a very hard working lady. She enjoyed sewing and working in her yard. Kizzie is going to be greatly missed by her family and friends.
Those left behind to cherish Kizzie’s memories and carry on her legacy are her daughter and son in law: Robin Beam Shoemaker and husband James Scott Shoemaker of Lincolnton, North Carolina; son and daughter in law: Carl Michael Beam and wife Cynthia Carpenter Beam of Stanley, North Carolina; brother and sister in law: David and Sylvia Hargett of Murrells Inlet, South Carolina; three granddaughters: Lauren Beam Sweatt and husband Andy, Heather Beam, Elizabeth Helms and husband Charles; one grandson: Scott Shoemaker; one great granddaughter: Cadence Beam; two great grandsons: Nikolas Helms and Hayden Sweatt; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Kizzie was the daughter of the late Floyd Melvin Hargett Sr. and Lola Bleaker Broome Hargett. She was also preceded in death by her husband of 48 years, Robert Haskel Beam who passed away in 2005. She was also preceded by three sisters, Maxine Hargett, Christine Watts and Leatha Aiken along with one brother, Floyd Melvin Hargett, Jr.
A Life Well Celebrated Ceremony will be held at 1:00 PM, February 22, 2020 at New Heights Baptist Church, 1506 Miles Road, Dallas, North Carolina 28034 with Pastor Eli Williams delivering words of hope and comfort to Kizzie’s family and friends. Graveside and committal will follow in the Hardin Baptist Church Cemetery, 548 Hardin Road, Dallas, North Carolina 28034.
The family will receive guests from 6:00 PM ~ 8:00 PM on Friday ~ February 21, 2020 at the Dallas Funeral Home, 212 West Trade Street, Dallas, North Carolina 28034.
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Kizzie’s guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomedallas.com
Dallas Funeral Home is compassionately serving the family of Kizzie Hargett Beam.
- Robin Beam Shoemaker, Daughter
- James Scott Shoemaker, Son in Law
- Elizabeth Helms, Granddaughter
- Charles Helms, Grandson in Law
- Scott Shoemaker, Grandson
- Nikolas Helms, Great Grandson
- Carl Michael Beam, Son
- Cynthia 'Cindy' Carpenter Beam, Daughter-in-law
- Lauren Sweatt, Granddaughter
- Andrew 'Andy' Sweatt, Grandson in Law
- Heather Beam, Granddaughter
- Cadence Beam, Great Granddaughter
- Hayden Sweatt, Great Grandson
- David Hargett, Brother
- Sylvia Hargett, Sister-in-law
- Robert Haskel Beam, Husband (deceased)
- Floyd Melvin Hargett, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Lola Bleaker Broome Hargett, Mother (deceased)
- Maxine Hargett, Sister (deceased)
- Christine Hargett Watts, Sister (deceased)
- Leatha Hargett Aiken, Sister (deceased)
- Floyd Melvin Hargett, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Numerous nieces and nephews also survive.
- Charles Helms, Active
- Scott Shoemaker, Active
- David Hargett, Jr., Active
- Brian Hargett, Active
- John Terry, Active
- Andy Sweatt, Active
- Receiving of Guests Friday, February 21, 2020
- A Life Well Celebrated Ceremony Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Graveside and Committal Service Saturday, February 22, 2020
Kizzie Hargett Beam
February 20, 2020
This lady was always so kind to me growing up. Aunt Kizzie always made me feel welcome at her home. Always loved her and her husband. She will definitely be missed. Hugs for you, Mikey and Robin.