Thomas "Tommy" Lee Lineberger Sr.
February 15, 1943 – June 1, 2018
A Carpenter... A Craftsman... A Builder... A Man whose talents were admired by others... A Man of few words and a Man with a Loving Heart....
Thomas "Tommy" Lee Lineberger, Sr. passed away Friday, June 1, 2018 at his residence in Dallas, North Carolina.
Tommy was a big outdoorsman. He loved plowing and harvesting his garden every year and sharing his crops with his family and friends. At the end of the day, what he loved most was just sitting on his back porch, relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. Tommy also loved working and tinkering on things in his building. For over 20 years, he worked in the maintenance department for the Gaston County School System. When he wasn't working, he spent his time camping, hunting and fishing. He especially loved to go on fishing trips to the Outer Banks. Tommy is going to be greatly missed by his family and friends.
Those left to cherish Tommy's memories and carry on his legacy are his two daughters and sons in law: Darla and Scott Pruitt of Gastonia, North Carolina, Christine and Terry Thornburg of Dallas, North Carolina; one son: Thomas “Tommy” Lineberger, Jr of Dallas, North Carolina; four grandchildren: Kellie Pruitt, Ryan Pruitt and wife Megan, Jacob Thornburg and Riley Thornburg; three great grandchildren: Kyson Lee, Ryker Hoefner, and Blaine Hoefner; one sister: Betty Faye Lineberger; one brother: Fred Lineberger; several nieces and nephews. Tommy was the son of the late Clyde Lineberger and Lillian Lineberger. He was also preceded in death by his loving wife of 55 years, Linda Lineberger who passed away on October 12, 2017; one sister: Mary Sue Brooks; one brother: Larry Lineberger.
A Life Well Celebrated Ceremony will be held at 2:00 PM, Tuesday ~ June 5, 2018 at the Dallas Funeral Home, 212 West Trade, Dallas, North Carolina 28034 with Reverend Robert Baker to deliver words of comfort and hope to Tommy's family and friends.
Active pallbearer’s are Ryan Pruitt, Jeff Pruitt, Josh Beam, Jacob Thornburg, Riley Thornburg and Ty Leatherwood.
Graveside and Committal will follow in the Long Creek Memorial Cemetery, 210 Long Creek Church Road, Dallas, North Carolina 28034.
The family will receive guests from 6:00 PM ~ 8:00 PM on Monday ~ June 4, 2018 at the Dallas Funeral Home.
The family would like to offer a special thank you to the Gaston Hospice for their loving care and support given to Tommy.
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Tommy's guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomedallas.com
The Dallas Funeral Home is honored to be serving the family of Tommy Lineberger, Sr.
- Lillian Lineberger, Deceased Mother
- Clyde Lineberger, Deceased Father
- Linda Lineberger, Deceased Wife
- Thomas "Tommy" Lee Lineberger Jr., Son
- Darla Lineberger Pruitt, Daughter
- Scott Pruitt, Son-in-law
- Ryan Pruitt, Grandson
- Megan Pruitt, Wife of Ryan
- Kellie Pruitt, Granddaughter
- Kyson Lee, Great Grandson
- Ryker Hoefner, Great Grandson
- Blaine Hoefner, Great Grandson
- Christine Lineberger Thornburg, Daughter
- Terry Thornburg, Son-in-law
- Jacob Thornburg, Grandson
- Riley Thornburg, Grandson
- Betty Faye Lineberger, Sister
- Mary Sue Brooks, Deceased Sister
- Fred Lineberger, Brother
- Larry Lineberger, Deceased Brother
- Several nieces and nephews...
- Ryan Pruitt
- Jeff Pruitt
- Josh Beam
- Jacob Thornburg
- Riley Thornburg
- Ty Leatherwood
- Receiving of Guests Monday, June 4, 2018
- Life Well Celebrated Ceremony Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Graveside and Committal Service Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Thomas "Tommy" Lee Lineberger Sr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY