Jimmie Joyce Anderson
August 5, 1940 – February 1, 2019
Jimmie Joyce Whitsitt Anderson was born on August 5, 1940 to James Edwin Whitsitt and Penecia Ophelia Burnett Whitsitt of Dallas,TX. She is survived by her husband James Leo Anderson of Wichita Falls and their children; DeAnna Michelle Haun, Miranda Raquel Swenson and Ty Whitsitt Anderson. Additionally, she is survived by her brother James Edwin Whitsitt Jr. and his children; Mallary Whitsitt Birdsong, James Edwin Whitsitt III (Beau) Whitsitt and Austin Nash Whitsitt.
She won her first beauty pageant as a baby at age 1. Jimmie Joyce attended Sunset High School in Oak Cliff. She attended East Texas State University where she enjoyed being a member of the Kappa Delta sorority. She was the President of the SMU chapter of the Kappa Delta Alumni Association.
Jimmie Joyce helped found Area Industrial Disposal Services carting company with her brothers, Jim and Chris Whitsitt along with their mother Ophelia.
Afterwards, she helped her husband, Jim, launch a computer consulting business called Anderson Data Design that served several Fortune 50 clients. Later, she and her husband started Mimis Bees, a bee keeping and natural body care product company. She became well known in the beekeeping community and was invited to be a presenter at the National Convention and Trade Show of the American Beekeeping Federation.
She also was a presenter at the State Fair of Texas Food and Fiber Pavilion. Her products were the 2nd highest grossing in the Texas State Fair Food and Fiber pavilion.
Jimmie Joyce was a devoted, loving wife and mother. She was beloved by many people. She was not only loved by her family, but also by the amazing amount of surrogate children and friends she accumulated over the years. It did not matter if she had just met you or had known you for years, you felt like the most special person in the world when you were talking to her. She always remembered everything you ever told her and also could tell you anything about anyone she ever met. She believed in God.
- Mr James Leo Anderson, Husband
- DeAnna Michelle Haun, Daughter
- Miranda Raquel Swenson, Daughter
- Ty Whitsitt Anderson, Son
- James Whitsitt Jr, Brother
- Mallory Whitsitt Birdsong, Niece
- James Edwin Whitsitt III, Nephew
- Austin Nash Whitsitt, Brother
- James E. (Beau) Whitsitt III, Active Pallbearer
- Austin Whitsitt, Active Pallbearer
- Sean McGinty, Active Pallbearer
- Michael Shields, Active Pallbearer
- Adam Wallace, Active Pallbearer
- Lance Swenson, Active Pallbearer
- Lance McGinty, Active Pallbearer
- Josh Shields, Active Pallbearer
- Steven Haun, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, February 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, February 11, 2019
- Committal Service Monday, February 11, 2019
Jimmie Joyce Anderson
February 6, 2019
Sweet Jimmie, thank you so much for being such a loving and wonderful woman. Thank you for giving us the gift of your children and always treating so many of us like your own. ❤️
February 5, 2019
Jimmie was loved by so many and will be missed by all who knew her. She will live in your hearts forever. She was such a kind beautiful person. God has a new angel. The best in-law a person could ever have. So many years, so many memories, just not enough! Hugs and kisses to Jimmy, De Anna, Mandy and Ty. We love you . Gary and Billie