Mr. Jimmie Reed
May 9, 1933 – February 2, 2019
Jimmie Reed, son of the late Mr. Robert Reed Sr. and Mrs. Leola Wiley Reed was born in Pickens, Arkansas on May 09, 1933.
He accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and united with Palestine Missionary Church in McGhee, Arkansas. He received his early education in McGhee, Arkansas and graduated from Wolf Project High School.
He met and united in Holy Matrimony with Maxine Brooks Reed.
Preceded in death by his parents, wife; Maxine Reed, daughter; Kimberly Renee Williams, sister; Frankie Starks, brothers; Robert Reed, George Reed, and Lester Reed.
Left to cherish his memories are Daughter, Teresa Banks(Darnel) of Melbourne, Florida; Sisters, Annie Spencer of Dallas, Texas; Cherry Johnson and Evelyn Mitchell (Archie) both of Little Rock, Arkansas; Brother, Rev. Dr. Fletcher Reed (Gwen) of Modesto, California; Five Granddaughters, One Grandson, Two Great Grandsons and One Great Granddaughter. Five Sisters-in-Law by marriage, Lucinda Walpool Lawrence of Garland, Texas, Melissa Walpool-Lafitte (Levnon) of McKinney, Texas, Lillie Coley (Marshall) of Shreveport, Louisiana and Georgia W. Johnson of Plano and Mary Williams; Two Brothers-in-Law, Jack Walpool of Euless, Texas and Fred Walpool (Deborah) of Shreveport, Louisiana and Taylor (Bill) Williams.
Jimmie departed this life to be with the Lord. He will be dearly missed by his family, loved ones and friends.
- Teresa Banks, Daughter
- Darnel Banks, Son-in-law
- Annie Spencer, Sister
- Cherry Johnson, Sister
- Evelyn Mitchell, Sister
- Archie Mitchell, Brother-in-law
- Rev. Fletcher Reed, Brother
- Gwen Reed, Sister-in-law
- Lucinda Walpool Lawrence, Sister-in-law
- Melissa Walpool-Lafitte, Sister-in-law
- Levnon Lafitte, Brother-in-law
- Lillie Coley, Sister-in-law
- Marshall Coley, Brother-in-law
- Georgia W. Johnson, Sister-in-law
- Jack Walpool, Brother-in-law
- Fred Walpool, Brother-in-law
- Deborah Walpool, Sister-in-law
- Robert Reed, Sr., Father
- Leola Wiley Reed, Mother
- Maxine Brooks Reed, Wife
- Kimberly Renee Williams, Daughter
- Jimmie has five granddaughters, one grandson, two great grandson and one great granddaughter.
- Memorial Service Friday, February 8, 2019
Mr. Jimmie Reed
MELINDA (FOSTER) GARDNER
February 6, 2019
Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
May God give you comfort.
Foster Family (originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin)