July 25, 1966 – June 5, 2018
Josie Mae Jackson was born July 25, 1966, in Shreveport, Louisiana, to the late Charles Henry Jones and Josie Young. She was the youngest child of nine. Josie accepted Christ at an early age and was currently a member of First Saint John Baptist Cathedral under the leadership of Bishop Kenneth B. Spears.
Josie graduated from Southwood High School in Shreveport in 1984, and remained an active member of her alumni class until her passing. Josie loved to travel, shop, and spend time with family and friends. She had traveled all over the world and was planning to spend her upcoming birthday in Paris and Barbados. Josie also loved planning the Annual White Dove Block Party where she served as the Vice President. Each year she came up with creative activities for entertainment and invited everyone she crossed paths with. She never met a stranger. Her compassion for others and her infectious smile were known by so many.
Josie was always laughing, fellowshipping with her family and was well known for her signature pose, tagged by friends as "The Josie." Josie also wore many hats. Friends knew her as Josie, but others knew her as "Auntie Mae" or "Cousin Mae." Josie loved her family. She enjoyed planning and hosting family events at their home. She would travel anywhere to support her family. Whenever someone mentioned they were coming into town, they always had a place to stay because she loved family. She opened not only her home, but she opened herself to so many as a caring friend and a confidant. She was such a caring and selfless person that anyone could meet. Josie touched many lives all around the world. She will be missed.
On Tuesday, June 5, 2018, she departed this life surrounded by close family and friends after a sudden illness. We knew Josie was happy and she left many memories that will be cherished forever.
She is welcomed to her eternal home by her father, Charles Jones and her siblings, Hazel Stewart and Joseph Swinney.
Those left to cherish her memories are her mother, Josie Young (the late Joe Young, Sr.) of Shreveport, LA; her loving husband, Keith Jackson Sr. of 31 years; her children, Christine Allums (Derrick) of Shreveport, LA, Andres Jackson and Keith Jackson, Jr. both of Arlington, TX. Her love will also be greatly missed by her two spoiled grandsons, Kevin Williams and Derrick Allums; mother-in-law, Rose Roseman and father-in-law and mother-in-law Ocie and Margaret Nealy; her siblings, Mary Ann Swinney, Billy Ray Stewart, Jimmie Stewart (Sophie), Robert Stewart (Betty), Jim Swinney (LaTonya), David Stewart (Margaret) and Quinton Jones; and brothers-in-law, Terrence Jackson and Tyrone Jackson (Rosalyn). She will also be missed by a host of family, friends and coworkers.
- Keith Jackson, Husband
- Christine Allums, Daughter
- Derrick Allums, Son-in-law
- Andres Jackson, Daughter
- Keith Jackson, Jr., Son
- Kevin Williams, Grandson
- Derrick Allums, Grandson
- Josie Young, Mother
- Rose Roseman, Mother-in-law
- Ocie Nealy, Father-in-law
- Margaret Nealy, Sister-in-law
- Mary Ann Swinney, Sister
- Billy Ray Stewart, Brother
- Jimmie Stewart, Brother
- Sophie Stewart, Sister-in-law
- Robert Stewart, Brother
- Betty Stewart, Sister-in-law
- Jim Swinney, Brother
- LaTonya Swinney, Sister-in-law
- David Stewart, Brother
- Margaret Stewart, Sister-in-law
- Quinton Jones, Brother
- Terrence Jackson, Brother-in-law
- Tyrone Jackson, Brother-in-law
- Rosalyn Jackson, Sister-in-law
- Charles Jones, Father
- Hazel Stewart, Sister
- Joseph Swinney, Brother
- Joe Young, Sr., Step-Father
- Derrick Allums, Active Pallbearer
- Jermaine Griffin, Active Pallbearer
- Patrick Washington, Active Pallbearer
- Kelton Carpenter, Active Pallbearer
- Mike Brown, Active Pallbearer
- Gerald Chancellor, Active Pallbearer
- Cedric Wilson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Tyrone Jackson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jimmie Stewart, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jim Swinney, Honorary Pallbearer
- Cameron Wilson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bobby Chancellor, Honorary Pallbearer
- Leon Else, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, June 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Committal Service Saturday, June 16, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
June 15, 2018
My deepest condolences to her family. Josie was a sweet person with a contagious smile. I remember our trip to San Antonio back in the day. We had a blast. Keith I know this is hard but I promise you it gets better. You'll wake up one day reminiscing about the good times that you shared with your wife. You'll cry and you'll smile. You'll even find yourself in laughter. Memories, you'll always have them. "Those we hold closest to our hearts never truly leave us. They live on in the kindness they have shared and the love they brought into our lives. " God bless you and your family.